We Are Black Swan Data
In a world turbo-charged by social media, the old world of traditional consumer research no longer enough. Where there’s slow and pre-emptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s continuous big data, algorithms and machine learning. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of 260 Swans (and counting).
But first, we’re entrepreneurs and champions of change who thrive on moving fast and breaking new ground. And our work is getting us noticed. In 2015 we were awarded the Sunday Times #1 Fastest Growing Start-Up. In 2016 we were named the UK’s Fastest Growing Exporter. And in both 2017 and 2018 we ranked high in the Financial Times 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
We have an incredible opportunity for an Office Administrator to join the team in our London office. The role is incredibly diverse and requires someone with a positive and can-do attitude who is more than happy to roll their sleeves up and get involved.
- Office Management: Responsible for the managing the relationship we have with the We Work we are based in London, work station assessments, setting up Access Cards for employees, seating planning in the London office, covering reception in the office, preparing meetings rooms and catering for clients as required, office snacks, post and stationary replies. Managing adhoc requests that might come in.
- Events: Planning our local events which include the annual SwanFest, annual Christmas parties and other social events which take place throughout the year.
- Projects: Leading the global office management calls, assisting with engagement events and projects taking place across the offices and assist in the content creation of the fortnightly newsletter.
- Engagement: Onboarding new joiners to the office, managing adhoc celebrations in the office such as marriages, managing Swangestions (employee suggestions) and the management of company processes and procedures on the internal Intranet.
- Travel: supporting the travel booking process.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in an administrative or office management role
- Be able to deal with a busy workload and have the ability to prioritise their workload
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Organised and able to work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Your Candidate Profile:
- An organised problem solver, able to prioritise efficiently.
- Professional attitude and commercially aware. Able to use your own initiative and apply critical thinking to business challenges.
- Strong teamworking and interpersonal skills, including ability to respond to requests in a timely, professional and considerate manner.
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
• We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
• We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
• We listen more than we talk
• We think 10% crazy is just about right!
• Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer?
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams - We hire highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We7 have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!) , Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?