We Are Black Swan
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer
Black Swan creates better outcomes through technology and the power of prediction.
Our products transform the way brands create value from data, finding insights and solutions that create an advantage for their business. We analyse consumer behaviour using public and private data, then build cutting-edge technology based on predictive models to create better outcomes - we call this “Applied Prediction”.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team, we thrive on change, innovating across social intelligence and big data. Launched in 2011, we today employ around 200 people across 3 continents and are set to grow even more throughout the years.
Our long-term relationships and work with some of the world’s leading consumer-focused brands (e.g. PepsiCo, Disney, Panasonic, Tesco, GSK) is getting us noticed – in 2015, we were shortlisted for a Data IQ Talent Award and have been named Britain’s fastest start-up by The Sunday Times ranked #1 in their inaugural ‘Start Up Track 15’.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process. You will have access to the best minds in data mining, architecture and data science. You will also have the opportunity to utilise the full range of your designs skills - from research to wire framing to tweaking pixels before launch and the validation of the product we ship.
We are looking for designers who are inherently curious about technology and solving problems for users. They look for challenges within their environment and build better products by virtue of this quality.
We believe simple is beautiful. Simple is also difficult. Designers who revel in the face of gnarly bits of design will enjoy it here.
- Take broad abstract technical concepts and make tangible artefacts out of them.
- Work on multiple projects, features and functionalities across products.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and business teams to design simple, pragmatic solutions to challenges.
- Be self-sufficient but also know when to ask for help. Be a reflective practitioner, seek out critique of your work and lead by example.
- Be able to iterate quickly and broadly. Know when perfection is needed and when its okay to stop.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design related field, or the equivalent in experience, with evidence of exceptional ability.
- At least 4 years of experience designing consumer-focused tech products; experience designing for mobile is a plus.
- A strong wish to keep the user at the heart of all design activity and base your rationale on user needs.
- A strong desire to improve products by self-driven exploration, design research or problem-solving.
- A strong desire to provide the best solutions for Data Visualisation
- Experience with digital design tools like Sketch or similar
- Some experience in working across the design stack - from research to UI.
- Experience to work with SaaS product design principles
- CSS/HTML experience a plus.
- Experience with Agile development process a plus.
- Experience with Angular is a plus.
- An online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
What We Offer
We provide a working environment which leverages your personal strengths!
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays drinks, Flexitime / Remote working days, Unlimited Leave, Learning & Development workshops (FethrED), work socials and events.