We Are Fethr, A Black Swan Company
Fethr and its partners are the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment & connectivity (IFEC) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with our software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
We focus on improving the IFEC passenger experience through personalization, offering an enhanced connected traveler experience, we are helping to transform IFEC from pure entertainment into a retail enabled platform. Our technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, while they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations and technological limitations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. IFEC is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data and applications have not yet matured, and we are working hard to capitalize on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of IFEC and Fethr.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan Data thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today we employ 260 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa.
Your role in at Fethr as a Data Analyst:
We are looking for a bright, ambitious Data Analyst to join our Product team who will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of new product development. The Data Analyst will help to make sense of product data and metrics, turning them into actionable insights through Business Intelligence reporting. Your role will be integral in our product roadmap and strategy, with data at the heart of innovation.
- Passion for data and are interested in using it to drive product decisions.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- The ability to communicate information and concepts in a simple and digestible way for non-technical stakeholders.
- Analysing data against performance metrics and reporting back to the business on key insights.
- Contribute towards building a reporting data pipeline; including performing data analytics, building data dashboards and implementing an optimised on-going data management process.
- Experience using product metrics reporting tools such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel.
- Experience using visualization tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau to present findings.
- Analysing how data is currently being utilised and improve the use of data driven decision making across the product lifecycle.
- Previous experience in a Data Analyst position with a proven track record of influencing business decisions through data insight.
- Proven experience in the delivery of Insights Reports in a product team.
- Proven experience of using product reporting tools such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel.
- Visualization reporting experience using BI tools (such as Power BI, QlikView and/or Tableau.)
- Ensuring the quality of the data is at a high standard.
- Experience extracting data and applying data manipulation techniques.
- Experience using SQL, R, Python, SPSS – advantageous.
- Degree or equivalent qualification is advantageous, although not a deal-breaker!
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values:
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it.
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams – We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment – We want you to enjoy coming to work, so we provide the following: Daily supply of all the snacks you can eat, Friday drinks, Flexible Working and Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?