We Are Fethr, A Black Swan Company
Fethr and its partners are the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment & connectivity (IFEC) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with our software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
We focus on improving the IFEC passenger experience through personalization, offering an enhanced connected traveler experience, we are helping to transform IFEC from pure entertainment into a retail enabled platform. Our technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, while they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations and technological limitations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. IFEC is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data and applications have not yet matured, and we are working hard to capitalize on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of IFEC and Fethr.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan Data thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today we employ 260 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa.
To support the HR function globally through effective administration and organization across all areas of HR including Onboarding, Pay and Benefits, Training and Development, Employee Relations and Engagement.
The day to day responsibilities of an HR Generalist at Black Swan are as follows:
- Preparing offer letters, issuing of contracts via Docusign, exporting new joiner information from Greenhouse into the BambooHR platform and updating ADP. Issuing contracts and tracking the status of non-payroll contracts and extensions.
- Managing and carrying out the Black Swan Onboarding Program end-to-end including sending out email templates, scheduling induction and other meetings as required, responding to queries and updating the Induction collateral (SwanNet). Coordinating the monthly What We Do Workshop, running the settling in meetings and ensuring all mandatory training and documentation has been completed and recorded
HR processing & Payroll administration
- Promote and process all benefit requests.
- Prepare all terms and conditions variation letters and update all files accordingly.
- Process all maternity and paternity applications.
- Accurate preparation of the monthly payroll, updating as appropriate and collating data to send to ADP.
- Management of the offboarding process including managing resignations, exit surveys and interviews.
Employee File and Systems Management
- Management of HR data files. Ensuring all essential documentation such as Contracts, Offer Letter, Right to Work, CV, Personnel Details, References and New Starter Checklists are held on file for all staff. Ensuring compliance in our storage and retention of Personal Information in line with government legislation.
- BambooHR and ADP maintenance- being the main point of contact for updates in BambooHR and ADP including changes of address, absence management, holiday bookings, uploading of new employees, salary changes etc. Ensuring the completeness of information for all employees.
Advice and Guidance
- Being the first point of call for day to day staff queries on topics such as benefits, systems, maternity, paternity, processes and HR events/ initiatives.
SwanNet (intranet) content update as and when required.
Working with the HR global team
- Scheduling training workshops for the L&D Director including booking rooms, arranging appropriate equipment and materials, sending out invites and tracking attendance. Sending out feedback surveys. Scheduling of Power Hours and appropriate communication for the events.
- Preparation of training materials as appropriate.
- Reporting – weekly new joiner/ leaver reporting, org chart updates, monthly payroll reporting, probation review tracking and reporting, audit reporting, other ad-hoc Bamboo reporting as required.
- Working with the Culture and Engagement Manager to prepare weekly company-wide communication including new starter announcements and the bi-weekly newsletter.
- Assisting with the administering of the quarterly engagement survey, including preparing reports/ presentation decks of the results for managers and staff
- Support the performance review process, ensuring timely completion of reviews and objective setting, and working with the HR team to administer salary and bonus reviews/ benchmarking where appropriate.
- Researching HR initiatives such as benefit schemes, HR initiatives and tools as required
- Working with the People Operations Manager to create and improve global processes
- Supporting the HR team both in the US and internationally to ensure consistent level of HR service.
We are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of being in an administrative role; excellent administration and organisational skills are paramount
- Discretion and trustworthiness
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate with employees at every level
- Previous experience of HR systems administration
- Ability to multitask and prioritize as needed
- Proactive attitude towards daily tasks
- Personable, ability to act as the face of HR
- A basic working knowledge of HR compliance and employment law
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills are a plus!
- Familiarity with recruitment processes and interview/ screening techniques
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values:
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it.
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams – We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment – We want you to enjoy coming to work, so we provide the following: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat, Fridays Wobbly Trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!), Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?