We Are Black Swan Data
In a world turbo-charged by social media, the old world of traditional consumer research no longer enough. Where there’s slow and pre-emptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s continuous big data, algorithms and machine learning. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
Black Swan Data is revolutionising consumer research through Social Prediction™. Using the most sophisticated data science and AI techniques, we unlock the full potential of social data to understand and predict consumer behaviour more accurately and further ahead than anyone else. It’s how we turn game-changing insights into a competitive advantage for global giants like PepsiCo, McDonald’s, Unilever, Mondelez and Danone.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of 260 Swans (and counting) includes data scientists, developers, insights consultants, analysts, designers, engineers and marketeers.
But first, we’re entrepreneurs and champions of change who thrive on moving fast and breaking new ground. And our work is getting us noticed. In 2015 we were awarded the Sunday Times #1 Fastest Growing Start-Up. In 2016 we were named the UK’s Fastest Growing Exporter. And in both 2017 and 2018 we ranked high in the Financial Times 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
We’re is looking for a Strategic Solutions Director who will partner with Sales on our enterprise and mid-market accounts. You’ll be instrumental in the sales cycle, using your technical and industry expertise to create compelling solutions for customers.
Working alongside the sales team you’ll uncover a customer’s current and future states and their goals in order to best position BSD’s solutions. As a strong communicator, you’ll develop compelling presentations that illustrate BSD’s business value to customers at all levels. You understand how BSD can fit into a customer’s technology stack and the common use cases we can support.
- Acts as a key member of the sales teams for our enterprise and mid-market prospects
- Attends client meetings to conduct in depth discovery on the customer’s current and future states and positive business outcomes
- Compiles a comprehensive set of required capabilities from client stakeholders for sales to use in building out value and opts for solution packages, as well as pricing.
- Creates compelling presentations and personalised collateral that demonstrate our solutions and the value proposition they provide against a customer’s required capabilities
- Delivers presentations both virtually and in person
- Works with prospect stakeholders to educate them on the business value BSD can provide
- Assists Sales in the influencing and eventual response to RFXs
- Maintains up to date BSD and competitor product knowledge
- Provides sales with updated defensible differentiators and helps with trap-setting discovery questions
- Educate the sales team on how BSD’s solutions solve client’s pain points through use-case demonstrations
- Works with Product Marketing to feed in use-cases and pain-points as well as anecdotal successes and metrics
Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in a pre-sales role at a SaaS company
- Experience in consulting, marketing, advertising, business intelligence, R&D, supply chain or commerce
- Familiar with CRM, Business Intelligence and Social Media
- Methodical and meticulous approach to preparation and execution
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have made a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
• We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
• We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
• We listen more than we talk
• We think 10% crazy is just about right!
• Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer?
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams - We hire highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!) , Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?