We Are Black Swan Data
In a world turbo-charged by social media, the old world of traditional consumer research no longer enough. Where there’s slow and preemptive questionnaires and surveys, now there’s continuous big data, algorithms and machine learning. For some, it’s unknown territory. For Black Swan Data, it’s unprecedented possibilities.
Black Swan Data is revolutionizing consumer research through Social Prediction™. Using the most sophisticated data science and AI techniques, we unlock the full potential of social data to understand and predict consumer behavior more accurately and further ahead than anyone else. It’s how we turn game-changing insights into a competitive advantage for global giants like PepsiCo, McDonald’s, Unilever, Mondelez and Danone.
We’re fast movers. Since 2011, we’ve spread our wings across the UK, Hungary, USA and South Africa. Today our team of 260 Swans (and counting) includes data scientists, developers, insights consultants, analysts, designers, engineers and marketeers.
But first, we’re entrepreneurs and champions of change who thrive on moving fast and breaking new ground. And our work is getting us noticed. In 2015 we were awarded the Sunday Times #1 Fastest Growing Start-Up. In 2016 we were named the UK’s Fastest Growing Exporter. And in both 2017 and 2018 we ranked high in the Financial Times 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
Client Strategy Director Role Overview
This role will be a senior insights individual, focused on the customer relationship at a senior level (VP, C-Level), ensuring we are positioned as a strategic partner and responsible for quality of all deliverables, and revenue growth and targets for the entire team. In this role specifically, the focus will be on key commercial partners within the CPG space, then over time taking on new customers as they become established.
Strategy To Unlock Revenue:
- Lead the vision and strategy for the customer and how we align our product and roadmap to that strategy to unlock revenue opportunities in partnership with the Customer Success lead. In concert, look across geographies, functions, and categories of our customers for new ways to grow the clients business. This will focus on looking at opportunities for new subcategories, categories and markets that are on our product roadmap (or influence our roadmap) to help drive ARR. Secondarily, is selling our productized professional services delivered at a margin of 60%+, with minimal bespoke projects.
- Drive a more business analyst lens through our insight to ensure we are delivering against overall corporate objectives not just project objectives – driving the SO WHAT.
Customer Satisfaction and Retention:
- Build strong relationships with Senior Director, VP and C-Level clients, ensuring BSD is a strategic partner and that we are delivering on their needs leading to zero churn across existing licenses.
Work that Exceeds Expectation:
- Responsible for ensuring every output across our customers is a strong narrative, that exceed expectations. This will be measured on a quarterly basis through a QBR process.
- Establish best practices across the Insight teams, and how we share work examples, and share knowledge across teams. Specifically build strong relationships with other senior strategic leads to set the tone for the business and how we build a world class product led consultancy.
- Responsible for signing off on the quality of the data sets that are sold into your clients, providing an internal check point and feedback to the Data set team on any items that may be missing or unclear.
World Class Product and Services:
- Support product team in pushing the boundaries around our products and methodology. Support product team in solutions around how we combine data sources (e.g. sales and social) and deliver data output to answer client briefs that exceed expectations.
- Feed in customer feedback and market feedback based on being on the ‘front line’ to improve the product and features.
- Help define our future services from a consultancy perspective, that can provide business impact to our customers. These services should underpin the product and our data sets.
Leadership and Team Building:
- Inspire and motivate the teams across our consultancy business (CS, Production and Insight). Specifically help develop personal development plans for the Insight teams and helping support them with the right training and mentorship.
- Included will be the management of the Insight team within the current team/pod structure. This will also require close collaboration with the Customer Success and Production teams to help drive the business forward.
- Lead by example, and show a willingness to step in during conflict, jump into the weeds to help develop proposals and presentations when required, while driving the team forward.
- Key contribution to NA marketing activity – Conference speaking, event attendance, lead generation.
- This role will be part of the Black Swan Data Steering Committee which are responsible for ensuring we grow the business at the right way and rate, as well as managing that growth efficiently. This will be a voice in the decision-making process for what makes sense for our future business as well as being accountable for the total business success.
New Business Support:
- Aid in pre-sales and new business, where required. The primary role is mapping, growing and converting logos into license.
- Across NYC, to drive new business activity, across a select number of logos, in partnership with marketing – Kimberly Clark, Constellation, Ashland & Dairy Management.
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values:
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it.
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams – We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment – We want you to enjoy coming to work, so we provide the following: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat, Fridays Wobbly Trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!), Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?