We Are Fethr, A Black Swan Company
Fethr and its partners are the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment & connectivity (IFEC) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with our software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
We focus on improving the IFEC passenger experience through personalization, offering an enhanced connected traveler experience, we are helping to transform IFEC from pure entertainment into a retail enabled platform. Our technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, while they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations and technological limitations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. IFEC is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data and applications have not yet matured, and we are working hard to capitalize on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of IFEC and Fethr.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan Data thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today we employ 260 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Node.js developer to join our rapidly growing Avionics team. You'll be working in a fast-paced, agile environment using Node.js Typescript, Docker, and TDD to deliver features for a new, award-winning system that is used by thousands of passengers on a day-to-day basis. If you love planes and APIs, this could be the role for you!
We are constantly leveraging our international footprint to improve knowledge sharing and foster growth and are very keen on open source projects where we can contribute back into the communities that we rely on.
- Contributing in the development of robust and well-tested code
- Working with, reviewing and debugging existing code base
- Assisting in troubleshooting software application issues
- Working together with other disciplines (UX, FE and BE) to create software features
- Maintaining existing systems and applications
- Creating documentation of the systems developed
We are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Strong demonstrable commercial experience of developing APIs
- Proven experience as a NodeJS solutions developer with Rabbit MQ
- OOP principals and Typescript
- Strong working experience of NoSQL (using MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Proven experience with modern software workflows (JIRA, GIT, TDD, CI)
- Passionate about creating user-centric products
- Working knowledge of HTML5, Angular 2/4, SASS, Webpack
- Docker orchestration using Kubernetes
- Experience with microservice architecture with message brokering (RabbitMQ)
- Interest in the Travel Industry
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams – We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment – Because you spend most of your time at work, we offer you the following: daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat, Fridays Wobbly Trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!), Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?