Our DevOps team is a crack squad of experts in automation and maintenance of big data platform and software build environments. They work across a range of exciting clients including PepsiCo, Twitter & Google ensuring all our infrastructure is secure, automated controlled.
- Assist with long term DevOps and Infrastructure strategic direction
- Architect, manage and own production services’ infrastructure to ensure performance and availability matches SLAs. Infrastructure can be both on-premise and in-cloud
- Participate in developing architecture of new services and amend architecture of existing services to ensure performance and availability matches SLAs
- Automate parts of the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools
- Work on making entrusted services (both customer-facing and internal) reliable and performance
- Help the project team develop and implement proper workflows, policies and SLAs
- Work in a multi-functional team supporting agile engineering teams, taking responsibility for committed deliverables and quality
- Identify and fix tooling performance and reliability issues before anyone else – can we hit the 5 9’s?
- Drive automation and efficiencies – automate and optimise everything!
- Manage, improve, build and own build/CI/CD infrastructure to facilitate the development team to deliver quickly
- Deliver technical innovation - ask questions and provide solutions
- Keep a close eye on new technologies/innovations in the technology industry and ways of leveraging these to benefit the organization – keep learning
- Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. build, deploy, test automation)
- Maintain and improve methodologies and best practices
- Work with the Technical Architect community to drive a consolidated view of services and technologies ensuring that other dependencies and requirements are clearly understood and delivered against
- Communicate early, accurately and often
- Develop and manage monitoring for entrusted systems
Your Candidate Profile:
We are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in cloud technologies, ideally AWS (EC2, ELB/ALB, RDS, EMR, VPCs/networking, S3 etc.) including AWS CLI
- 2+ years’ experience in configuration management & Infrastructure as Code tools; Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
- 2+ years’ experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker
- 2+ years’ scripting experience; Linux shell scripting, Python
- 5+ years’ experience of Linux administration
- Strong experience with SQL, MySQL/MariaDB administration (including, but not limited to; optimising SQL queries and databases in general, setting up replication, clustering etc.)
- Good working knowledge of source control technologies (e.g. Git, Subversion)
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- 2+ years’ container orchestration; Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- 2+ years’ experience working in an agile environment
- Good knowledge of networking, including firewalls, load balancing, routing
- Good knowledge of web administration; Nginx, Apache, reverse proxies
- Working knowledge of at least one monitoring technology: Prometheus, Nagios, Zabbix
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Proficiency (medium level) in at least one of following languages; Go, Java, Python, Ruby, and a desire to learn others
- Good proficiency in writing scripts on top of boto3 (for python) or similar (for other languages) libraries
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Prior production experience with, and knowledge of MQ technologies such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka
- Prior experience in architecting and working with distributed systems
- Good understanding of SOA
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest.
Talented Teams - We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We hire highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!) , Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.