We Are Black Swan Data
Black Swan Data creates better outcomes through technology and the power of prediction.
Our products transform the way brands create value from data, finding insights and solutions that create an advantage for their business. We analyse consumer behaviour using public and private data, then build cutting edge technology based on predictive models to create better outcomes - we call this “Social Prediction”.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team, we thrive on change, innovating across social intelligence and big data. Launched in 2011, we today employ around 260 people across 3 continents and are set to grow even more throughout the years.
Our long-term relationships and work with some of the world’s leading consumer-focused brands (e.g. PepsiCo, Disney, Panasonic, Tesco, GSK) is getting us noticed – in 2017 - We were ranked #6 in the Financial Times FT1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe and placed in the Deloitte Top 50 Fastest Growing UK Tech companies. Black Swan Data have also been awarded the APEX Award for Best Inflight Entertainment Innovation 2017.
As a Programme Coordinator you will provide operational support to the Executive Production Director and VP of Operations across Black Swan Data’s Professional Services and Product business units.
Demonstrate a proactive and solutions focused approach, working with little supervision, multi-tasking and learning quickly with a positive attitude. Continually learning about and developing Black Swan Data (BSD) Production tools and processes, working with key people across Production, Operations, Finance, Client Services, Product and Professional Services.
- Supports the Executive Production Director, VP of Operations and Producers
- Ensures project data across projects is always accurate
- Reports project insights (financial and resourcing) to the BSD Steering Committee
- Demonstrates a proactive and solutions focused approach
- Contributes to their own and wider Production team’s development
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
Monitoring and reporting on projects
The Programme Coordinator (PC) ensures that all project insights are shared with the rest of the Production team, Executive Production Director and VP of operations where relevant by creating and circulating a weekly Executive report.
The PC will also be required to own the BSD MS Project Online portfolio alongside the Executive Production Director to ensure all data and reporting is accurate. Specific tasks will include:
- Live project reporting
- Checks that all Producers have completed project financial status reports accurately and on time
- Follows up with Producers that have any overruns, missing or incorrect information
- Scoping, new business and non-billable projects
- Helps to monitor and manage the scoping, new business and non-billable codes
- Flags unapproved time allocations and scoping or new business codes that have been open longer than the agreed time period
- Utilisation, billability and Timesheet Compliance
- Owns and runs the missing and unapproved timesheet report each week
- Works with the discipline leads, Heads of Department and Finance to ensure all timesheet information is entered and approved across disciplines
- Monitors and helps to manage utilisation figures across the business
- Runs the internal resource meeting to ensure bookings are accurate and provides a weekly capacity report
- Attends internal status meetings to learn more about project work, understand resourcing types and project types
- Provides cover for Production team members when they are on annual leave for certain Production tasks such as: resourcing, timesheet approvals and financial project reporting
Contributes to the Production team development
- Working with Executive Production Director, the PC will help create training plans and develop forthcoming training schedules
- Organises and facilitates the monthly Production team meeting to ensure cross-team learning and updates.
- Owns and manages BSD’s Production Slack channels and Confluence spaces to share learnings from projects, training courses, and research with the wider team
- On-boards new Production team starters to BSD tools and processes
- Manages the Production team organisational chart
- Assisting the Executive Production Director in implementing any new processes in order to streamline ways of working, suggesting new ideas and adding fresh impetus to the group.
Qualifications and Experience...
- Has achieved, or is working towards a qualification in project management
- 1+ years prior experience in a project coordination role or equivalent
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload with conflicting priorities
- Ability to work with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity
- Ability to build strong relationships with Production/Project Management teams
- Strong interpersonal and people skills, with the ability to; motivate, inspire and work alongside a variety of people and disciplines
- Knowledge of, and experience with, MS Project Online is desirable
What makes a Swan?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
• We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
• We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
• We listen more than we talk
• We think 10% crazy is just about right!
• Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer?
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest
Talented Teams - We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend 60% of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!) , Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Location: London Waterloo SE1
End Date: 21st November 2019
Salary range: £30,000 - 35,000 per annum
Posting Date: 22nd October 2019
Job Type: Permanent