We Are Fethr, A Black Swan Company
Fethr, A Black Swan Company, is the world’s leading provider of in-flight entertainment (IFE) technology to the airline industry. More than 70 airlines already fly with our software, significantly the world’s entire top 10, including Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.
We focus on improving the IFE passenger experience through personalization, offering a whole new world of seat-back entertainment systems, pairing with mobile devices and enabling internet connections while passengers are in the air. Our technical expertise brings these innovative experiences to life and captivates millions of passengers every year, whilst they travel around the globe.
Innovation has been a challenge for the avionics industry due to strict regulations, but this is rapidly changing with an ever-increasing number of planes now connected to the web. In-flight entertainment is one of the final untapped spaces where user-experience, advertising, data and applications have not yet matured, and we are working hard to capitalize on those opportunities.
There are exciting times ahead in the world of in-flight entertainment and Fethr.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team combining skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, Black Swan Data thrives on innovating. Launched in 2011, today we employ 260 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Hungary and South Africa.
This is a very exciting new role in a growing and ambitious business. The Head of QA will oversee all QA activity at Fethr and provide technical expertise across the company. The Head of QA will also lead play a key role in bid development through their expertise in designing and delivering complex solutions. Ensuring that all QA team members are managed effectively the Head of QA will ensure that mentoring, development and guidance are all in place, building a truly world class team.
- Provide technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality technical limitations, and security.
- Responsible for the standards and processes that deliver the strategic direction for QA in Application Services
- Foster an environment where innovation can flourish. Champion and build a culturally diverse team
- Engage with key stakeholders, internal and external, to understand the product and user environments of the solutions we are creating
- Creation, review and execution of test cases
- Documenting, investigating, and analyzing defects or problems, tracking status of defects, and verifying resolution during the testing life cycle.
- To carry out QA activities to ensure project and non-project acceptance criteria is signed off. To be responsible for executing regression tests. To raise and prioritize bugs and retest bug fixes.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key business stakeholders, business analysts, and all IT software providers
- Managing, operating and delivering Quality Assurance across the full SDLC.
- Experienced in the breadth of the software test life cycle, with the flexibility to work from test strategy to system and component level testing
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of working as a head of or director of a QA function in professional services
- Excellent client management skills
- Demonstrable experience of building and deploying complex technical solutions
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong manager with a track record of managing large direct and matrix teams
- Analysis and generation of Test Scripting ensuring traceability against business
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital.
We have making a difference at our core and that is embedded in our values.
- We believe in long-term partnerships through transparency and honesty
- We believe in leaving the world in a better place than we found it
- We believe anyone can achieve great things. We do not put people in boxes
- We listen more than we talk
- We think 10% crazy is just about right!
- Most importantly, and because you spend 60% of your waking time at work, we believe you should enjoy it
What We Offer
Exciting Clients and Projects - Working with Black Swan Data we promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries latest.
Talented Teams We ensure we have the best talent in the market – We are hire the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. We have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is our priority.
Working environment - Because you spend a lot of your time at work, we try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in our all- day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley - (check them out on our Instagram page!), Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?