Director, Defense Sales & BD
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
As the Director of Business Development and Sales for Defense, you will report to the Vice President of U.S. Government Business Development and Sales. We are seeking a seasoned business development executive with a proven track record of leading and closing $50M+ opportunities with domain experience in remote sensing, Earth science, and GEOINT. We would prefer someone in the DMV area but are open to strong remote candidates on the east coast.
- Identify, generate, and qualify new business opportunities to build and sustain a robust opportunity pipeline with focuses on defense customers such as DIA, DARPA, NSA, Joint Staff and others in the defense realm.
- Develop and lead customer focused strategic capture and account plans to drive new business growth and achieve sales goals.
- Develop, grow, and foster trusted customer and partner relationships.
- Create strategies to influence and shape customer requirements and acquisition strategies.
- In partnership with key internal stakeholder teams (e.g., program, product, engineering, marketing, etc.) develop responses for requests for information (RFIs), market surveys, white papers, presentations, customer briefings, and customer demonstrations.
- Be a contributing force in the development and commitment to the work ethic, culture, and values of BlackSky and the performance driven culture of the business development and sales team.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance.
- At least five years of experience working with and selling to the defense agencies under the office of secretary of defense.
- At least five years of domain experience in remote sensing, Earth science, and/or GEOINT.
- At least five years of full-cycle business development experience with a concentration in technical and/or government sales.
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior complex problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Master’s Degree in engineering/technology field or MBA.
- Military and/or federal civilian experience with Space qualifications.
- Experience in commercial remote sensing and earth observation industries to include sensors, communications, processing and production.
- Experience with Government-wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) and/or Multi-Agency Contracts (MACs).
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: