Account Manager - EMEA
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud-based processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial companies and government organizations.
BlackSky is seeking an international Account Manager who will be responsible for managing relationships with select BlackSky government and commercial customer accounts and communicating the business value of BlackSky’s analytical and imagery products to those customers (specifically in the European, Middle East and African regions). A successful candidate will serve as the voice of the customer within BlackSky and maximizes alignment between corporate objectives and customer value. This is a fantastic opportunity to build strong relationships between BlackSky and its customers and significantly contribute to the company’s growth and industry leadership. This role reports to the Senior Director, Account Management who is located in the US but will partner closely with our international business team, located in the United Kingdom. Job location: United Kingdom. This role does not offer relocation and requires a strong candidate who is a local/permanent resident of the United Kingdom.
- Manage customer relationships for government agencies in EMEA as well as commercial customers across a variety of industries around the region.
- Coordinate with internal teams (such as Customer Success, Product Management and Product Operations) to ensure that BlackSky is meeting customer commitments, milestones and requirements.
- Build strong relationships with customers, understand their goals and articulate how BlackSky can help them meet those goals.
- Understand and communicate how BlackSky’s geospatial products and services drive customer value and goals.
- Focus on customer satisfaction and renewals.
- Meet revenue objectives, drive overall strategic direction and expand relationships within each account.
- Identify key stakeholders and their business drivers.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or analytical field.
- At least seven years’ experience delivering geospatial or imagery products and services.
- Experience in managing government and/or large commercial customers.
- Nimble, adaptable and innovative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be fluent in English.
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field or MBA.
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to roll-up sleeves and try different things with minimal direction.
- Intellectual curiosity combined with excellent business acumen.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and direction.
- Self-starter; successful multi-tasker; highly organized.
- Works well with all levels of the organization, up to and including senior management.
- Fluency in French.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.