Senior Director, Technical Program Manager
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
This role will provide management and oversight of a highly integrated solution extending our product capabilities and delivering advanced geospatial data into customer workflows. The program requires both technical acumen in both imagery and analytics tasking, processing, and delivery systems management as well as familiarity delivering and supporting software in customer environments. This position is responsible for the team leadership, customer interaction and interaction with BlackSky product development teams to ensure overall success
This position will be located near our corporate headquarters in Herndon, VA and will report to VP Geospatial Solutions. In-person duties are needed as appropriate for managing this program, supporting customers, and overseeing the team.
- Serve as the program manager for highly integrated customer solution set.
- Serve as the primary contractual and technical interface to the customer team.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical execution of programs. The PM is the primary Customer PM interface and has authority to make decisions related to changes in the program baseline within the bounds of the contract.
- Manage and direct program personnel to successfully meet the objectives of the Customer and Program.
- Lead and oversee management, and effectiveness of the Program Management Office (PMO) to include reporting, engineering, production, subcontract management, planning, risk management, and overall execution of the program, per the processes and guidelines established.
- Interact with the broader business and product development staff to ensure product and solution alignment
- Prepare, monitor, and operate within program budgets, to include meeting or exceeding projected revenue and profitability goals.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall program management.
- Coordinate regular updates across the business leadership communicating program execution and highlighting any risk or critical milestone objectives.
- Preparation of Technical and Cost proposals (i.e., task orders) to ensure contract award on favorable terms to the customer and the company.
- Assign tasks in order to meet work priorities and goals.
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc meetings, and provide updates regarding the development and execution of program objectives.
- Organize and work collaboratively using Microsoft Office applications and other management tools.
- Other related tasks as required.
- At least 15 years of experience in product development or support settings with at least 10 years of relevant industry experience in the GEOINT/GIS industry.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of direct management / leadership experience developing, fielding and supporting systems.
- Prior experience delivering major embedded system(s) into a customer environment.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- Subject matter expertise (SME) in a wide variety of Geospatial and commercial data sources, formats and exploitation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of the architecture and design of multi-INT systems.
- Demonstrated experience with DOD or IC customers and processes; understanding of interfaces, system specs and capability requirements; understanding of the geospatial intelligence mission; and systems engineering experience defining and documenting system.
- Concepts of Operations and documenting functional and performance requirements.
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
- PMP or equivalent certification.
- Experience integrating tradition/non-traditional/emerging Multi-INT sources into mission capabilities.
- Demonstrated success providing long-term, system engineering and program support to a DoD or IC customer.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes:
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses
- Total of 5 weeks of paid leave including vacation, holidays, volunteerism leave and our shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Professional development budgets
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome space swag
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.