BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. BlackSky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of geointelligence and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics.
BlackSky is operating and deploying a constellation of high resolution imaging spacecraft to image the planet in near real time. Our business is rapidly expanding and we require experienced, creative, energetic leaders to drive mission execution and success. We require exceptional individuals who desire to work in a fast paced, highly technical environment. Candidates must be self-motivated and demonstrate personal commitment and dedication to leading others to successful project completion.
Join the Ground Software team as an individual contributor. Be responsible for quality and operation of a communication and management system that orchestrates cloud and ground station components to control and task a constellation of earth imaging satellites. Test a combination of hardware and software components that run on lights-out ground stations as well in the cloud. Validate scale and stability in the integrated system. Work with aerospace experts to determine hardware testing needs and how to integration them into the quality platform. Evangelize passion for quality and the process of building a superior product.
Testing will be on a Linux/Python 3.6 stack involving continuous integration and delivery, Docker, microservices architecture, time series databases, use of and contributions to open source, integration with monitoring & alerting systems, and dealing with large data flow
- Test major components of the system
- Participate in design reviews
- Contribute to and drive design and review of test automation frameworks, test implementation, strategy and approach
- Focus on integration testing between disparate components
- Work with developers and architects to develop test plans and validate unit tests.
- Coordinate with developers and satellite operators on complex integration tests
- Ensure that all components communicate and interoperate
- Help choose which technologies/frameworks are used for quality assurance
- Create automated testing where possible and regular manual testing where not
- Work with aerospace architects, program managers, and other team members to gather and refine requirements
- Work with software architect and satellite engineers to define satellite maintenance and control
- Work with constellation operators to ensure we have the best system we can build
- Collaborate with developers to understand software design, function, and testability
- Work with constellation operators to develop test plans that ensure adequate testing of units and the complete system
- Work with DevOps for testing in a CI environment, and monitoring health of components
- 5+ years of experience testing and maintaining commercial software in a production environment; familiarity with agile methodologies, software product and release life cycles, source code and change management
- Bachelors of Science in CS, CE, EE, Physics, or Math or Bachelors understanding of math and physics if no degree
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder) due to government regulation of the space industry
- Experience doing performance/scalability/stress testing
- Linux and Python experience
- Demonstrated ability to work across the team and company to drive features to a high level of quality.
- Space industry experience not required
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.