Located in beautiful San Diego, we are a stealth privately-funded cybersecurity startup focused on bringing best of class research to help develop the protective products of tomorrow. Through the use of next generation technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence, we are innovating tech to ensure that the internet of tomorrow is a safer place.
We are looking for a strong, self-directed Sr. Software Engineer who welcomes the opportunity to learn new things and tackle new challenges. Our software that runs on Android devices will run on the phone and tablets of our customers as well as the multitude of new IoT, media and other smart devices that use Android to power them. Everything you touch will be integral to our mission!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Working directly with the company founders to help shape a vision and bring it to life
- Creating and testing code for Android, primarily utilizing Java, C and C++
- Network/Socket programming (TCP/IP, ARP, HTTP/S, FTP, DNS)
- Low level development – Linux, Device SDK, Kernel, Device Drivers, Privileged execution (don’t worry if you haven’t done it before, there’s a first time for everything)
- Learning new things. You may need to learn a new programming language or two.
You'll need at least 3 years of experience with:
- Java, especially Android/APK Java
- C/C++ (stronger on the C would be ideal!)
- Operating system concepts for Android
- Network communication, Device Drivers OR Kernel modules
- Elegant software design for maintainability and extensibility
- Unit and automated testing
- Jira or similar
- All the above, but for iOS
- Windows, OSX, Linux
- Web development experience: Python, PHP, Ruby, JS
- Linux scripting: Shell, Bash scripting
- Windows development: C#, PowerShell, Batch
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Reasons to join us:
- Work alongside some of the smartest individuals in the industry!
- Top tier health/vision/dental benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options. Make more than you’re making now.
- Flex schedules and great work/life balance.
- Unlimited PTO policy, PLUS 5 weeks of fully paid company-wide shutdown (nobody likes coming back to a full inbox)
- Gourmet meals and snacks
**We offer relocation assistance to top candidates!**
If you feel like your background and interests are in line with what we're looking for, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Please apply directly with your cover letter and a Word or PDF resume. We are looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.
BLACKLINED is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans please apply!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.