- Effectively manage a team of Customer Concierges to ensure our guests’ and partners’ priorities are treated with respect and care.
- Be an effective leader and role model for your team and colleagues by representing Blacklane's Core Values.
- Regularly provide open and constructive feedback to ensure behavioural and productivity goals are met, as well as to motivate the crew to strive for excellence.
- Use monthly reports to provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition; if necessary, review opportunities for improvement or make decisions for disciplinary actions with the assistance of People and Culture.
- Understand development needs and lead your crew to success through coaching, training and support.
- Positively influence your crew and delegate responsibilities in order for them to deliver successful results.
- Lead by example and showcase your excellent customer service skills by taking initiative to perform daily tasks during peak times along with your crew members.
- Handle organisational changes by creating a smooth transition period and by keeping your crew members motivated and engaged.
- Work closely with the Head/Director of the department to ensure activities and projects fully support our goals and vision.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure alignment on procedures, implementation and communication of the information to the relevant crew.
- Collaborate with the recruitment team in the recruitment process and onboarding new crew members.
- You have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize your workload while working in a dynamic environment.
- A minimum of 3+ years Leadership experience in a strongly service-oriented industry. Ideal prior experience would include hospitality and customer contact centres.
- Excellent English language skills, additional languages are a plus.
- You have experience with different Coaching methods and you understand which situations require which leadership styles.
- Our Core Values resonate deeply with you, which lay at the foundation of how we communicate and treat each other, both internally and externally.
- You are convincing while also being personable, helpful, and competent and you have great interpersonal skills to create a cordial relationship with crew members.
- You possess a high degree of flexibility, team spirit, independence and are always open to new tasks.
- You have a knack for handling disputes and emergencies.
- You are a team player, with the ability to motivate the crew to develop each day.
- You are data- driven, assessing patterns to improve the efficiency of the team and contribute to overall department performance.
- You have a voice, and can advocate for your team and our customers in a broad number of company touchpoints.
- You act like a role model of behaviour for the department globally.
More than a job:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture. Responding to the pandemic, we’ve successfully managed the crises and retained our talented crew! We are now poised for massive growth in 2021.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 75% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2025.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane