Our HQ is based in Berlin and we also have Tech Hubs in Spain, UK and Italy.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer (f/m/d), you will be part of one of our autonomous agile teams. You will develop new smaller, focused and responsive websites.
You will have lots of opportunities to have fun with the tech and grow your skills. Our Frontend and Backend Guilds get together weekly to discuss the status quo and where to take things next.
Our current favorite tech stack is made of ES Modules, Next.js, React, TypeScript, CSS Modules, Jest, Cypress.io, Vercel, AWS and you will use Contentful and legacy RESTful/JSON APIs, and keep building and improving our own internal GraphQL API.
- Proactively identify and share issues, communicate ideas and propose solutions at team or guild level
- Strong expertise with next.js, CSS, HTML and React
- Tidy and tested code mindset (we use standard.js, prettier, Jest, Cypress.io among other things)
- Mastering observable and performant web applications
- Experience in securing web applications and applying best practices to ensure end to end security
- Experience with i18n/l10n and a11y
- Expertise of Continuous Integration pipelines, automated Deployments and k8s containerization
- Experience in building components as part of a reusable and extensible design system (CSS Modules knowledge is a plus)
- Willingness to help with backend topics
- Backend development experience would be a plus
- You are fluent in English.
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture. Responding to the pandemic, we’ve successfully managed the crises and retained our talented crew! We are now poised for massive growth in 2021.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
- Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
- Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
- Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
- Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
- Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 75% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2025.
- Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.