Black Canyon Consulting (BCC) is actively looking for Project Manager(s)/Agile Scrum Master to support our work for the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the National Library of Medicine (NLM), an institute of the National Institutes of Health.
NCBI is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at NIH. NCBI is the world’s premier biomedical center hosting over six million daily users that seek research, clinical, genetic, and other information that directly impacts biomedical research and public health – at NCBI you can literally help to accelerate cures for diseases! NCBI’s wide range of applications, platforms (node, python, Django, C++, you name it) and environments (big data [petabytes], machine learning, multiple clouds) serve more users than almost any other US Government Agency according to https://analytics.usa.gov/.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, and tuition and conference reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
- Coordinates the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) in a scientific environment, including defining technical and functional requirements, quality control planning, implementation, upgrades, and integration with existing NCBI systems through Agile Process methodology.
- Position includes daily coordination of complex technical projects dealing with scientific and genomic data.
- Participate in and provide technical and administrative expertise to software development projects.
- Responsible for software/system design and specifications, system implementation and integration, and testing.
- Will be responsible for tracking milestones, and producing deliverables.
- Balances risks, schedules, and resources.
- Coordinates cross-functional teams of various sizes with diverse technical skills sets.
- Advises senior management on technical issues.
- Communicates project issues to stakeholders and senior management.
- Formal education (minimum: Bachelor’s degree) in Computer Science or related field.
- Requires at least 3 years of project management experience and at least 5 years of experience developing the software and/or managing the software development.
- Strong Technical Knowledge of software application development.
- Experience managing software development projects using Agile methodology
- Experience coordinating work across multiple teams and departments.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Experience in delivery of complex enterprise level software development projects
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with scientific or biological data a plus.
- Experience as software development technical lead.
- Experience working with large databases, statistical analysis, and clinical data.
- Experience in a research and development (R&D) environment with demonstrated ability to analyze problems and propose multiple solutions.
- Experience with large distributed systems and cloud computing.