Who We Are:
B Lab is the global non-profit governing body of the standards that distinguish the Certified B Corp™ community as leaders, and exists to serve, inspire, and empower a global movement of people using business as a force for good™. Its vision is that one day all companies will compete to be Best for the World®, building an inclusive economy that creates a shared and durable prosperity for all. You can find more information about B Lab and our work here.
B Lab is seeking a Copywriter who will join a dynamic marketing team. The team along with B Lab is rapidly growing in order to: build B Lab brands, serve and scale the community of 2,800+ B Corps, and change the way business is done for good.
The Copywriter is responsible for creating an overall voice and tone for B Lab. This role writes marketing copy that drives adoption of B Lab products and builds the B Corp movement. The Copywriter will design and execute communications that inspire companies to: certify as B Corps, incorporate as benefit corporations, and measure and manage their impacts. They will also engage broader audiences to bring consumers, investors, students, and other supporters into the B Economy. This role reports to Veena Harbaugh, Digital Marketing Manager.
**PLEASE NOTE: For this position, we require an original writing sample (500 words or less) in addition to your resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter please identify why this position (and B Lab!) is just right for you. No cookie cutter cover letter will do, this is your time to showcase your skills!**
Core Job Functions
Functional responsibilities and tasks for this role include:
- Working closely with all B Lab teams to develop copy for email campaigns, articles, websites, whitepapers, best practice guides, in-product communications, social media, press releases, and other resources
- Interfacing with internal stakeholders to understand content details and communications requests
- Analyzing performance of content and recommending improvements
- Customizing resources to channels and audience segments
Examples of content that the Copywriter will develop:
- Website content for bcorporation.net or text within the B Impact Assessment
- Copy for emails, newsletters, and announcements
- Articles, op-eds, or media responses from B Lab or B Corp community leaders
While not required, candidates should note specific experience with the following:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in marketing or communications
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Email campaign development and list management
- Creating and managing digital content
- Experience with or commitment to quickly learn B2B marketing tactics
- Self-starter and creative thinker with outstanding ability to multitask, set priorities, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to collaborate and accept/give creative feedback
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Communications, Marketing, English or other related disciplines
Additionally, the Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with marketing automation software (Pardot preferred)
- Management of a CMS (Drupal preferred) and familiarity with HTML and/or CSS
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and Google Suite
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests
- Additional written language capabilities
- Experience working on remote teams, a plus
B Lab has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- An annual salary in the range of $55,000 to $65,000 (depending on experience)
- Excellent health benefits package including access to medical, vision and dental coverage
- Paid time off for vacation, and unlimited sick time
- 40 hours paid time off for community service; paid parental leave; and professional development support after your first year of employment. In your first year, you’ll start with 3 weeks of vacation.
- A warm, inviting and all-around fun company culture!
Applications will be accepted for this role until 6/15/19.
- After submitting your application it will be reviewed for initial screening.
- The hiring team will reach out directly to candidates who pass this initial screen.
- Every candidate will receive an update on their application status no later than 7/1/19, but it may be sooner.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.