We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
We’re looking for software architects with broad technical knowledge, full life-cycle project experience and excellent communication skills to bridge the gap between client and engineering teams.
How should our application architecture change and what supporting infrastructure do I need as we migrate to the Cloud?
How do we maintain conceptual integrity of our product design as it rapidly evolves?
How can we quickly deliver the robust legacy system interfaces needed by our Agile development teams?
What do I need to do to integrate data science models into our production business processes and unlock the value of our data?
These are the types of questions that you’ll be asked by our clients, your colleagues and yourself at BJSS.
BJSS has developed some of the most demanding systems around using the latest technologies and techniques – from the messaging hub that integrates the whole of the NHS, to an application that uses a leading-edge AWS technology stack to underpin a great UX visualising the flightpaths of every plane in the world – as well as analysing huge quantities of data to improve fuel efficiency, reducing costs and environmental impact. Our architects have always been at the centre of our engagements, managing technical risk and creating real business value.
As one of our Architects, you will use your broad technical knowledge, full lifecycle project experience and excellent communication skills to bridge the gap between client and internal delivery managers, enterprise architects, operations teams, UX consultants and developers. You’ll be comfortable evaluating a new Open Source technology in a rapid technical spike, presenting to a CIO on a package selection, or working with a technical tester and a support desk engineer to debug a time-critical P1 issue.
As a technical authority, you lead by example and inspire delivery teams to create great software products that demonstrate the art of the possible. You mentor developers to ensure they see the wider picture and meet our exacting standards, while acknowledging the deep experience they bring from spending hours a day working on a codebase.
You have energy and a pragmatic, delivery-focused attitude that wins the respect of those around you and makes you a trusted technical advisor. You’re willing to be hands-on when you need to be. You balance innovation and intellectual rigour with realism. You love technology and want to keep on learning. You’re genuinely interested in understanding the challenges your users face and how you can help them.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme