Do you want to work with cutting edge data and analytics technologies to help our clients unlock their data potential and value?
Do you want to lead and mentor teams of expert technologists on exciting data projects?
Do you want to work in an environment that embraces your drive to learn?
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
We work with clients across all aspects of deriving value from data: from technical implementations like modern data warehousing; through to massively scalable analytics and ML solutions. We help our customers embrace a DataOps culture. We are advocates of Agile methodologies and believe in constant delivery of business value.
Our projects manifest both on-premise or in cloud, often driving business intelligence and machine learning capabilities, helping customers achieve their Data as a Service ambitions.
As a technical authority, you will interface directly with customers representing BJSS’ deep technical expertise. You will lead delivery teams by example, providing the insight to enable them to craft great solutions that delight our customers.
You’ll mentor others to ensure they see the wider picture and meet our exacting standards, while championing the deep experience they bring.
Technology and data are your passions and you get huge reward from seeing excellent solutions delivered. You’re an enthusiastic champion for your subject, and your energy and delivery-focused attitude wins the respect of those around you as a trusted technical advisor.
You’re willing to be hands-on when necessary and able to balance innovation and intellectual rigour with pragmatism.
You have a constant drive to learn. You’re genuinely passionate about understanding the challenges your customers face and how you can help them.
You’ll bring wide experience of the data ecosystem, including: numerous data platforms e.g. Databricks; data modelling approaches; public cloud services including AWS and Azure; a deep knowledge and focus on security and privacy and their applications on data platform implementations; and OLTP and analytical warehouses.
With experience in Agile and C-Level stakeholder engagement, you’ll be knowledgeable in the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery and a champion of quality.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme