We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
We love to experiment with the latest tools, technologies and techniques to improve how we deliver our solutions and as a software engineer you can expect to be involved in:
- Producing rich front-end UI and efficient services with technologies like React, Angular and Vue.
- The automation of environmental and application deployment, scaling, and management using Kubernetes, Terraform, both in the cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) or on-premise.
- You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building complex software solutions
- You want to work across a range of tech environments. Your priorities will be building new systems and improving stability, security and efficiency
- You're keen to learn new technologies and languages
- You're comfortable operating in an Agile environment with a good working knowledge in areas such as CI/CD, build pipelines, testing and architecture
- You have a good understanding of computing fundamentals (e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, networks stack) along with strong software design skills, including OO, and knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- You love nothing more than grabbing a pen and whiteboarding the next challenge
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme