We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including our most recent inclusion in the Forbes World's Best Management Consulting Firms report.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
Our story in Portugal started in 2020 with a small office in Lisbon. The team is now over 100 across Lisbon and Porto, and we are the perfect blend of national and international collaboration and reputation.
We want to continue to grow and need people just like you!
About the Role
As a BJSS software engineer you’ll work in a fast moving, agile environment, in multi-disciplinary teams of some of the brightest and best in the industry. You’ll contribute to some of the most exciting digital programmes around for clients in a range of industries by:
- Producing rich front-end UIs with technologies like React, Angular and Vue.
- Automating deployment, scaling, and management using Kubernetes, Terraform, both in the cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) or on-premise.
- You're an engineer at heart and relish the challenge of building enterprise-scale software solutions and learning new technologies and languages.
- You enjoy building new systems and improve stability, security and efficiency of complex systems.
- You're comfortable operating in an Agile environment and have a good working knowledge of areas such as CI/CD, build pipelines, testing and version control systems such as Git.
- You have a thorough understanding of computing fundamentals (e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, networks stack) combined with strong software design skills.
Some of the Perks
- Coverflex Flexible Benefit allowance – you can choose to spend your allowance on private healthcare insurance, pension contributions, wellbeing, gym and fitness, education, childcare and more
- 22 days holiday per year, plus National Bank Holidays (or a day in lieu)
- An industry-leading referral scheme, with no limits on the number of referrals
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH.
- We also help you setting up your home office to make sure you’re comfortable with hybrid working
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- BJSS Clubs: From trekking and paddle to books and board games, BJSS is keen on sponsoring various group activities among our employees