Are you a skilled data engineer who has helped enterprises deploy production ready Big Data or Cloud systems? Are you keen to work out and implement technologies optimised for access patterns, with focus on how consumers use the platform? Are you interested in building on your existing Big Data or Cloud ingestion experience?
BJSS is looking for Data Engineer Consultants to help our clients deploy data pipelines and processes in a production-safe manner, using the latest technologies. Our clients vary as do their data demands. We’re looking for an experienced data specialist with strong experience in Data Development, ETL, Data Warehousing and dealing with large sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. You will have experience of and the ability to, ingest Real Time data from various data sources and design new data platforms. Experience with data science frameworks and machine learning frameworks would certainly be seen as advantageous.
This is a new role within BJSS and will run in tandem with our established Big Data, Data Science and Cloud teams. This role will offer the right candidate a chance to shape what the Data Engineering proposition for BJSS looks like and, over time, it will build out more capability to deal with our client demand. To be successful in the role, you will need to be a self-starter, hungry for knowledge and be comfortable working in various environments. Adaptability and agility are key for this role, alongside excellent communication skills.
You will ideally have some or most of these skills:
- Hands-on Spark experience (both batch and stream processing)
- Hadoop ecosystem exposure (YARN, HDFS, HBase, custom MapReduce jobs, Hive/Impala)
- Hands-on experience with at least one distributed NoSQL storage (HBase, Cassandra)
- Understanding of cluster resource management tools (YARN, Mesos)
- Stream processing tools like Kafka, Storm
- Cloud architecture (ie AWS Kinesis, Data Pipeline, EMR, Glue, Redshift, Athena)
- General SQL skills
- Experience with ELK stack (desirable)
Our success in the data space speaks for itself and we have been fortunate enough to work with some of the UK’s largest brands to help shape their data solutions.