Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring an Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers. Depending on role and business needs, you will either work onsite, in a hybrid model or fully remote.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Accounting Manager will work with various cross functional teams within the Company and must possess strong accounting and operational expertise, an ability to communicate and work with various teams outside of Finance (Data and other Engineering groups), and a desire to make a meaningful impact. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and able to build scalable accounting processes and controls from the ground up, in addition to assisting the team through the monthly financial close and quarterly/annual reporting process. This position requires attention to detail, a financial and analytic mindset and previous experience working in the fintech industry.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties):
- Assist the accounting team through all aspects of the month-end close related to lending/financing products.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers on the development and implementation of reporting procedures and controls around new products.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial results presentations for management.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures over platform and brokerage accounting activities and assist in the design and implementation of new controls and processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze data against business drivers to identify trends / issues.
- Provide support for internal and external audits related to specific areas of responsibility.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements):
- Minimum of 5 years progressive accounting experience with a mix of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience in in the fintech/financial services industries.
- Experience working in a management capacity and building a team.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field / CPA license required.
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP.
- Possess excellent analytical skills, business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Able to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
Nice To Haves:
- Knowledge of blockchain technology and the crypto economy.
- Knowledge of SQL or other programming languages.
- Experience working in Netsuite.
Benefits at Bittrex:
- Fully remote or hybrid work options
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) participation with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.