Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring! We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
We are looking for a Release Manager for the DevOps team. This person will drive release projects from end to end: from project scoping, development, integration, and deployment of software releases to different platforms. The Release Manager will collaborate with internal engineering and product teams across the company to drive release management.
- Own the release management schedule and drive sprint deployment readiness. This includes release planning and execution for releases milestones ensuring cross functional coordination (developers, PMs, testers, management) for the successful delivery of functionality.
- Communicate with teams regarding release readiness, pre-deployment and post-deployment of projects and features. Plan support activities.
- Drive commitments and essential changes which include deployment requirements, schedule, scope changes, and QA plans.
- Triage backlog and prioritize based on technical requirements and business needs.
- Manage continual improvements in the release process and drive efficiencies.
- Develop dashboards, measure KPIs and enable automation tools to optimize operations and drive the teams toward informed decisions. Develop scripts and automation tools.
- Constantly work with engineering and PM teams to reduce downtime and customer impact. Active monitoring and driving real-time collaborative alerting to identify issues during a release – many times before a customer will even notice. Serve as first line of defense for the Production Support team.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Release Manager or Product Manager role in DevOps environment. Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional prioritization skills.
- Problem-solving, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Meticulous documenter, authoring detailed status updates, release notes, standard operating procedures, technical runbooks, etc.
- Ability to work through ambiguity to extract clear technical requirements for a team of engineers
- Demonstrated track record of coordinating multiple teams to deliver complex technical projects on time
- DevOps certification desirable
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Managing release notifications in DevOps environment and configure additional notifications and alerts as needed to support the release management processes.
- Prior professional experience in building automated dashboards (e.g. Azure DevOps, Power BI)
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.