Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring! We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
We are looking for a Product Owner for Wallet Operations. This person will work closely with the Technical Product Manager (TPM) to launch new cryptocurrency wallets onto the Bittrex platform and to support existing wallets. The Product Owner will collaborate with internal teams and external cryptocurrency token developers to coordinate wallet operations across the entire support life cycle.
- Run the team daily standup, and set task prioritization based on technical requirements, business input, and customer impact. Manage the team backlog by working closely with PM, Dev, and Support teams to ensure technology and business needs are adequately represented in priority order
- Manage execution of wallet-related programs from end to end, including coin launches, wallet maintenance, node upgrades, token airdrops, smart contract swaps, and ticker changes
- Be part of the first line of defense for production support triage
- Lead the technical communication with token development teams for key projects such as token launches, swaps, and upgrades
- Collaborate with the TPM on initiatives to drive team efficiency, such as tooling, reporting, and process re-engineering. Translate the TPM’s strategies and business requirements into features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria. Own the timeline and deliverable requirements for these projects
- Guide the engineering team to develop work capacity and velocity estimates and establish practical delivery timelines from these estimates. Work with the team to agree on the definition of “Done”
- Coordinate team retrospectives and lessons learned meetings
- Understand market and customer needs
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner
- 3+ years of experience in software development planning, resource management, and product delivery
- Experience working in fast-paced start-up environments with rapid growth
- Understanding of Agile SDLC and Change Management. Agile certification is desirable
- Knowledge of common testing methodologies, terminology, and industry standards
- Skilled at communicating with both business and engineering teams
- Ability to collect and analyze information, manage ambiguity, solve complex problems rationally, and make timely decisions
- Track record of effectiveness in gathering and evaluating requirements across diverse stakeholders to create agreement on product execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional prioritization skills
- Meticulous documenter, authoring standard operating procedures, technical runbooks, release notes, etc.
- Ability to work through ambiguity to extract clear technical requirements for a team of engineers
- Demonstrated track record of coordinating multiple teams (internal and external) to deliver complex technical projects on time
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Prior professional experience in a technical role (e.g., technical product owner, software engineer, DevOps, security operations)
- Experience in financial technology, investment banking, trading, or similar
- Familiarity with blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Experience working with Azure DevOps for user story and content management
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.