Bittrex, a Seattle-based cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a Product Owner for our Mobile Trading App. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, we build our products with security first, offering access to over 100 cryptocurrencies in the United States along with lightning-fast trade execution and dependable digital wallets. We believe in the potential of blockchain and its ability to provide game-changing solutions, and we’re looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
We are looking for a Product Owner with strong technical skills who understands mobile app development and is eager to dive into the crypto trading world. As a Product Owner you will help drive mobile features and product roadmaps while working alongside talented developers, designers, and our Trading Product Manager to create a mobile trading app with the best possible customer experience. You will be responsible for articulating and translating the Product Manager’s vision into high-quality features that would stitch together UX designs, user analytics, and business requirements. You will be the voice of the customer, and imperative in eliminating customer pain points. You will be seen as a subject matter expert who can answer engineering team questions and communicate effectively with support teams. This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who is excited to get their hands dirty and help us make our mobile app one of the best in the industry.
- Be the bridge between product and development teams - Translate the understanding of the product manager’s vision and what each product area is designed to do for its users.
- Translate the Product Managers’ strategies and business requirements into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Be able to explain the “how” and “why” behind all the user stories and other tasks.
- Work with dev teams to set clear direction and expectations, articulate business requirements, and provide subject matter expertise through constant communication and collaboration with the delivery team, designers, and business stakeholders.
- Understand the market and customer needs to be useful in translating the strategic plan into the right execution steps.
- Run the team daily standup.
- Build, edit, maintain the team backlog by working closely with PM, Dev, and support teams to ensure technology needs and business needs are adequately represented in priority order.
- Establish and own the Product backlog grooming meetings.
- Guide the engineering team in establishing normalized estimation practices and work towards an accurate understanding of team capacity and velocity so that delivery estimates are practical.
- Sprint Planning- Coordinate dependencies with other Product Owners. Communicate story level detail and priorities to the team and ensure the team aligns and agrees on a final sprint plan. Ensure team focus is divided adequately between strategic items, maintenance/bugs, and discretionary needs.
- Answer dev questions about user stories or tasks throughout the sprint.
- Accept & Validate Stories- work with team to agree on definition of done. Validate stories to ensure they meet acceptance criteria.
- Backlog Priority- Work outside the normal scrum meetings with the business stakeholders/ Product Mangers to continually review and update the product backlog priority
- Coordinate the team end of sprint demos
- Coordinate the team sprint retrospective
- Be part of the first line of defense for Production Support
- Make decisions- the product owner role is a decision-making role. You will be responsible and accountable for the product and making decisions daily. These decisions range from what items to include in the product backlog, how to triage production issues, how to prioritize requests, and how to best communicate the same to the engineering and support teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a mobile application Product Owner.
- 3+ years of experience in software development planning, resource management, and product delivery.
- Excellent at breaking down business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Organized and thorough in following best practices for stand ups and sprint planning.
- Understanding of Agile SDLC and Change Management
- Skilled at communicating with business support teams and development teams
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where you sometimes need to wear multiple hats and step outside your box of responsibilities
- Well versed in risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling communication skills.
- Able to collect and analyze information, solve complex problems rationally, and make decisions on time for enhanced productivity
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and digital assets.
- Experience working with Azure Dev Ops for user story and content management
- Experience in financial technology, investment banking, trading, or similar.
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.