Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, seeks a Data Scientist. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology.
The Data Scientist will play a critical role, providing decision-differentiating data to leadership, enabling them to respond quickly and accurately for optimal business impact, based on algorithmically derived data and predictive analytics.
This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for someone who wants to have a business impact, dive deep into large-scale economic problems, and enable measurable actions on global cryptocurrency adoption. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience building predictive models, analyzing large amounts of historical data, conducting time-critical analyses, and providing recommendations to business leaders.
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex data problems and drive business decisions
- Build and manage an extensive list of legal and compliance datasets, reports and perform proactive analysis for these teams
- Find and inspect customer data anomalies, and proactively work with compliance team for mitigating business risks
- Closely work with the Product team to help prioritize features that we need to launch to increase customer engagement
- Partner with Marketing team to help measure the effectiveness of new marketing initiatives in the United States
- Develop methodology and run analysis to measure the performance of marketing campaigns end to end, including forecasting, tracking key metrics, and performing deep dive analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, engineering, statistics, or related discipline is required
- 3+ years professional experience in machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques
- Experience with SQL and big data technologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
Preferred Qualifications – Experience with:
- Python/R or other machine learning software
- Applying statistical and machine learning methods to solve business problems
- Using analytical insights to help increase teams’ effectiveness against key strategic goals.
- Dealing with ambiguity, conducting deep dive analyses on business problems and formulating conclusions
- Acquiring, understanding and analyzing large and complex datasets
- Working closely with Software and Data Engineers to drive model/solution development, improving data quality, and validating models.
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.