Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring developers! Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. Due to the success of the company, we are seeking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
The development team is relatively small. We are passionate about uptime, code correctness, and quality and we are hiring additional engineers that share our values to help build the next generation of solutions and trading tools.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer for our Wallet Operation team who is used to working on large production codebases and possess a relentless drive for getting it right the first time. We have fun while we work, and always appreciate people who can maintain a sense of humor under any situation.
- Collaborate with blockchain partners to install, configure, and maintain software services for Bittrex’s wallet system
- Develop a deep understanding of blockchain projects and their software components to facilitate integration support into the Bittrex wallet infrastructure
- Drive enhancements to our Wallet framework to improve scalability, maintainability, and configurability
- Contribute to the team’s operational excellence, building tools, and frameworks to streamline/automate aspects of the blockchain integration process
- Quickly diagnose and resolve service issues to keep wallets online and responsive
- Nurture an awareness/understanding of blockchain developments with the rest of the organization to surface opportunities for technical and business innovation
- Monitor the health of blockchain networks to protect customer funds
- Resolve customer issues with accessing funds in their wallets
- Automate wallet operations tasks to improve efficiency
- Provide feedback to software developers for improving reliability and supportability of our wallets
- Define and document internal processes to improve repeatability and efficiency of wallet operations
- Demonstrate a dedication to testing, using our existing test frameworks on new projects and extending where appropriate
- Minimum 1-2 years of software development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and RESTful API design
- Linux and virtualization knowledge (Docker, LXC)
- Experience maintaining software systems on Linux (or Unix-variant) OSes; includes use of GNU tools, shell scripts, etc
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL queries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Understanding of cryptography and security fundamentals
- Understanding of blockchain technologies, peer networking, smart contracts, etc.
- Experience building services on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS)
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.