Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring developers! Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. Due to the success of the company, we are seeking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
The development team is relatively small. We are passionate about uptime, code correctness, and quality and we are hiring additional engineers that share our values to help build the next generation of solutions and trading tools.
In particular, we are looking for a Software Engineer for our Wallet Engineering team who is used to working on large production codebases and possess a relentless drive for getting it right the first time. We have fun while we work, and always appreciate people who can maintain a sense of humor under any situation.
- Develop a deep understanding of blockchain projects and their software components to facilitate their integration into the Bittrex wallet infrastructure
- Build software components and services that integrate with blockchain APIs to enable monitoring and transferring of funds to/from the exchange platform
- Drive enhancements to our Wallet framework to improve scalability, maintainability, and configurability
- Contribute to the team’s operational excellence, building tools, and frameworks to streamline/automate aspects of the blockchain integration process
- Build new Wallet products and features in alignment with Bittrex business initiatives.
- Nurture an awareness/understanding of blockchain developments with the rest of the organization to surface opportunities for technical and business innovation
- Design, extend and utilize abstractions and interfaces to streamline integrations for separate blockchain protocols
- Demonstrate a dedication to testing, using our existing test frameworks on new projects and extending where appropriate
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and RESTful API design
- Proficient in object-oriented analysis and design of software design patterns
- Experience with system architecture and end-to-end solution design
- Experience as a mentor or technical lead on a team
- Experience building data-driven software components with enterprise relational database systems (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Linux and virtualization knowledge (Docker, LXC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
- S. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Blockchain experience (protocols, running nodes, etc.)
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Understanding of cryptography and security fundamentals
- Understanding of blockchain technologies, peer networking, smart contracts, etc.
- Experience building services on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS)
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.