The Head of HR is responsible for identifying and driving people-related initiatives that drive business results in a fast-paced and growing business. This position partners with the Bittrex leadership team to build culture, programs and best practices for a positive employee experience. As a high visibility, high impact leader at Bittrex, this position acts as a business partner to the CEO, COO, and the broader executive team. The Head of HR will lead the HR functions responsible for cultivating all aspects of the employee life cycle. The ideal candidate is driven to grow and scale a thriving and maturing tech start up, demonstrating accountability to business results while also being scrappy and hands-on as needed in a startup environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Consults, develops and implements programs and initiatives aligned to business strategy such as: employee value proposition, DEI, total rewards, talent management, career development, employee engagement and leadership development.
- Builds and leads the HR team responsible for the employee experience, including talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, and talent operations.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and strategic collaborator, influencer and partner to the Bittrex executive team regarding leadership, team performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Effectively represents the goals and aspirations of the leadership team to the organization.
- Responsible for driving talent management goals. Creatively and consistently identifies opportunities to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Effectively participates and/or manages cross-functional projects related to business growth and to laying the HR foundation for effective scaling of the business.
- Partners with and influences the leadership team to continuously develop and enhance the culture and values of the company.
- Coach and counsel managers on employee engagement, effective leadership, change mgmt. and communications.
- Oversees all aspects of employee benefits and rewards including partnership with external brokers, design and implementation of benefit plans, and coordination as needed with finance and operations on benefits-related work.
- Experienced with proactively managing risk with employment practices. Follows and is compliant with all local, state and federals laws and regulations.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of applicable Human Resources experience, including managing and developing expertise across the HR functions.
- Experience as a leader of people with a track record for identifying, attracting, developing and retaining a high performing and diverse team of HR professionals.
- Proven experience influencing, advising and consulting with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and adept at navigating teams through organizational change.
- Experience establishing operational excellence for scalable and sustainable programs and practices.
- Experience successfully managing multiple HR functions in a startup environment preferred.
- Rock solid judgment and decision-making ability.
- Has experience developing, executing, evaluating and maintaining HR projects and programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to diagnose problems using critical thinking skills; can drive appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of core HR policies, procedures, compliance and best practices.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills as well as excellent social and coaching skills.
- Proven ability to practice a high level of confidentiality, and to build trust and respect.
- Excellent skills in MSFT windows Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio & PowerPoint, comfort with HRIS systems (UKG/Ultipro, Greenhouse preferred.)
- Can prioritize and manage deliverables in a dynamic environment with little direction. Thrives on the multi-faceted nature of the role.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.