Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is seeking an early career Compliance-Internal Audit Leader to support its Compliance Department, which is critical to the continued, dynamic business growth and long-term success! We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
The Compliance-Internal Audit Leader’s responsibilities will include performing the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over compliance operations’ effectiveness in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations. This is an independent function that will report to Bittrex Legal and possess a direct line of communication to Bittrex senior leadership.
- Continuously addressing the overall adequacy of the compliance program, including policies, procedures, and processes.
- Communicating directly with senior leadership or to address material issues related to Compliance policies, procedures, operations, and effectiveness.
- Reviewing the following compliance functions using a risk-based approach:
- Consumer Protection
- Market Integrity/Insider Trading
- Providing recommendations on additional methods or sources to enhance compliance processes, systems, and/or training
- Completing required compliance training and other relevant training/skills-education programs as deemed necessary by compliance department leadership
- CFCS, CFE, CAMS, or equivalent certification (at least 1) required
- Familiarity with a broad range of compliance functions, and specific expertise in either AML or sanctions
- Ability to assess quality of work within the framework of larger regulatory requirements as well as Bittrex’s policies and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality assurance to ensure the reporting of accurate data, while regularly monitoring said data to update shared information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment and meet set deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Understanding and adherence to the highest level of discreteness and confidentiality regarding all aspects of his or her work and knowledge of the company
- College degree is required
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- previous experience in a dynamic, high-paced environment
- previous financial industry experience or exposure to financial industry compliance processes and protocols (internships, specialized training)
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.