*This is a fully remote, direct hire (W-2) position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a fully remote Backend Software Engineer II to join our Backend Team. We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
In particular we are looking for experienced back-end developers who are used to working on large production codebases and possess a determination for getting it right the first time. We have fun while we work, and always appreciate people who can maintain a sense of humor under any situation.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers. Depending on role and business needs, you will either work onsite, in a hybrid model or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Code primarily in C# and Java
- Working on large production codebases where every change can have a huge impact
- Collaborate with the development team, while supporting the front-end and mobile teams, to build high performance backend services that power Bittrex and our partner exchanges.
- Ship quality code that is used by millions of customers
- 3-5 years of professional development experience working on the backend
- Expertise in C#, Java, or similar
- Customer-facing, cloud-level software experience
- Solid understanding of DB design concepts, familiar with SQL or other enterprise database systems
- Experience implementing business critical database applications, micro-services and/or long-running backend data processing applications
- Knowledge of fault-tolerant services
- Track record of delivering high-quality results
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Recruiter Phone Screen (15-30 min)
- Technical Interview (via Zoom and Coderpad, 50 min)
- Interview Loop (via Zoom and Coderpad, 4 hours, can be divided into two days)
*Prior to each step, we will provide tips on who you'll be meeting with, what to expect, and how to prepare.
Benefits at Bittrex:
- Fully remote roles
- Flex office space
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
#BI-Remote #LI-Remote #remotework #LI-KL1