Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is seeking a Junior Compliance Analyst to support its Compliance Department, which is critical to the continued, dynamic business growth and long-term success! We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
The Compliance Analyst's responsibilities will include maintaining and monitoring confidential customer account information; creating, updating and analyzing reports regarding customer account activity, FinCEN compliance and other compliance related aspects; preparing production for law enforcement requests; and performing KYC investigative research.
This is an excellent opportunity that will provide in-depth experience as well as long-term growth opportunities.
- Meeting timelines and goal objectives set by compliance department leadership
- Preparing suspicious activity reports or document production for internal and external review in accordance with Company’s various policies and procedures
- Performing confidential proprietary database research of sensitive personal identification information (PII) as well as open source and adverse news searches regarding the Company’s individual and business customers
- Creating comprehensive customer profiles to be categorized for regular monitoring of customer activity, tracking for anomalies or irregularities to trigger additional research
- Completing required AML training and other relevant training/skills-education programs as deemed necessary by compliance department leadership
- Providing recommendations on additional methods or sources to enhance compliance processes
- Assisting with administrative tasks in the D.C. office as directed, related to various office policies and procedures
- 2 years of experience preferred
- College degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality assurance to ensure the reporting of accurate data, while regularly monitoring said data to update shared information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment and meet set deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Understanding and adherence to the highest level of discreteness and confidentiality regarding all aspects of his or her work and knowledge of the company
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- foreign language skills at the near fluent level
- previous experience in a dynamic, high-paced environment
- previous financial industry experience or exposure to financial industry compliance processes and protocols (internships, specialized training)
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.