Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, is hiring an Associate Security Agent to work in our eastside office. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, its mission is to help advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, global partnerships, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits and the opportunity to make a difference. We value those who share our passion and belief in the power of change, discovery and innovation. We invest in our future by creating a fun workplace full of creative, skilled, curious and enthusiastic people.
This Associate Security Agent plays a dynamic role by being the first point of contact for employees and visitors and supporting the Bittrex Security Team. We are looking for a talented, self-motivated agent to support the entire global Bittrex staff as a member of a fast-paced, dynamic team. A successful candidate can communicate well at all levels, manage multiple priorities, work independently, and can manage their time efficiently and effectively. If this sounds like you, then you’re one of us – and we want you.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Frontline of the business for incoming visitors, candidates, vendors, providing a seamless and positive experience with exceptional customer service.
- Ensures office procedures are being followed at all times, with a focus on providing a welcoming and exceptional experience for all.
- Monitor security systems and respond to alarms or other indications of risk or duress.
- Badge and hard key management.
- Company relations, creating valuable partnerships (Kemper, BPD, BFD) to help protect our people and spaces.
- Relationship building with neighbors and adjacent security professionals.
- Assist with security support for regularly occurring key company events, functions, business meetings.
- On-call support for covering security agents.
- Mail handling/screening.
- Assist with Security and Safety policy creation and maintenance.
- Provide support to Recruiting function – assist with logistics of calendars for candidates and hiring managers, providing travel support, welcome and assist candidates.
- Ability to provide basic lifesaving techniques, as needed.
- Assist with emergency planning and evacuation procedures, as needed.
- Proactive, positive, responsive customer service orientation.
- Two years’ experience in law enforcement, military, and/or security professions.
- Ability to remain calm and focused on competing requests, able to operate with a high level of professional composure.
- Ability to work in a team setting with diverse personalities.
- Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent judgment and decision making.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Excels at managing multiple tasks successfully to completion per expectations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to work in front of a computer for long periods. This role requires some lifting and bending. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified individuals from all backgrounds and communities to apply for a position with us!
- We offer very competitive benefits that exceed those of typical startup or midsize companies.
- Premiums covered 100% for employees for medical, dental and vision insurance; 75% for applicable dependents. Short/Long Term disability and life insurance coverage provided automatically for employees. Option to buy additional life insurance.
- Generous paid leave policies to welcome and bond with new family members, and for medical leave
- If you are looking for a cookie-cutter arrangement more typical of a big company mentality, this is not the company for you.
The blockchain's impact is expected to exceed that of the internet itself. Are you ready to be part of making that happen? Willing to move to Seattle to do it? Then get in touch with us! We welcome and encourage candidates from all communities and backgrounds to apply to join the Bittrex team
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.