Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, is seeking a Full Stack Engineer. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. Due to the overwhelming success of the company, we’re looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
As a full stack engineer within Bittrex Labs, you will be responsible for architecting and building APIs, databases, blockchain integrations and other service level components. You will be involved in several experimental efforts at the same time, where you will build critical proofs of concepts to support Labs initiatives, while also figuring out how to turn successful projects into core product features.
- Lead and architect multiple diverse projects (e.g. trading, blockchain and other)
- Work with product managers to prototype concepts and services in a fast, iterative environment
- Plan and oversee project execution with contractors and other engineers (including task breakout, code reviews, integration into code repos, etc.)
- Build and maintain major components and services (REST APIs, web-sockets, push notifications) in support of Labs projects
- Ensure quality delivery of components from other engineers that meet Bittrex standards for security, maintainability, and scalability.
- 3-5 years of software development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++)
- Experience in building data-driven software components using modern database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, or similar)
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and RESTful API design
- Some experience developing front end user interfaces with modern frameworks (e.g. React)
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
- S. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Understanding of cryptography and security fundamentals
- Understanding of blockchain technologies, peer networking, smart contracts, etc.
- Experience building services on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS)
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.