Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, is seeking a Lead Mobile Engineer. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. Due to the overwhelming success of the company, we’re looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
As the lead mobile engineer at Bittrex, you will oversee and be responsible for engineering deliverables for the company’s growing number of mobile projects. You will collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and engineers both internally and with external development partners. This role will put you at the forefront of our mobile efforts where you can influence our strategies, engineering practices and more.
- Lead and architect multiple mobile applications for major platforms. (iOS, Android)
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers with full responsibility of the development cycle and delivery of mobile applications
- Plan and oversee project execution with contractors and other engineers (including task breakout, code reviews, integration into code repos, etc.)
- Build and maintain major CICD pipelines and other services needed to support the organization's mobile efforts
- Ensure quality delivery of components from other engineers that meet Bittrex standards for security, maintainability, and scalability
- 3-5 years of software development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, Swift)
- Experience in building pipelines and deploying mobile applications to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Experience building mobile products with consideration of performance scaling during high data throughput (or similar)
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
- S. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Understanding of cryptography and security fundamentals
- Understanding of blockchain technologies, peer networking, smart contracts, etc.
- Experience in building mobile applications using React Native
- Experience leveraging analytics and feedback systems to improve user experience (e.g. Crashlytics, Mixpanel)
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.