Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, is hiring a Technical Writer. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. Due to the overwhelming success of the company, we’re looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
The Bittrex technical writer is critical to the business. This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining internal corporate documents for policies and procedures, and in compliance with Systems and Standards as set by the Bittrex leadership team, Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer, Customer Service and Operations team, and other key stakeholders.
Successful candidates will incorporate logic, clarity, detail, common and consistent language in all descriptions and explanations. Creations of diagrams and other visual supplemental solutions will be important to providing understanding to the reader.
- Manage and own the creation of a variety of documents involving the policies and operations of Bittrex’s digital exchange.
- Use technical writing skills to create documentation to clearly and simply convey concepts to internal teams and customers.
- Responsible for creating and actively managing a process to prioritize document creation, updates, version control and address backlogs.
- Effectively communicate, collaborate with key stakeholders on criteria and business requirements; keeps team members fully informed.
- Responsible for record keeping and maintenance of the library of current SOP docs as well as developing a process for managing versions.
- Develops a consistent and rigorous research process to address and mitigate inconsistencies, ambiguities or imprecise descriptions, and correct errors.
- Learn the Bittrex customer support and compliance team support roles and assist with various support functions as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience writing technical documents.
- Proficient with technical platforms and programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Text Expander, Slack, Zoom, Skype, Snagit; advanced graphics programs a plus.
- Strong command of written language, grammar and usage, vocabulary, style, presentation logic.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work with a broad spectrum of legal, technical and business stakeholders in order to produce documents that accurately capture Bittrex policies, procedures and workflows.
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.