Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, is seeking an early career Compliance Analyst to support its Compliance Department, which is critical to the continued, dynamic business growth and long-term success. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. This job is ideally suited for a recent college graduate and eager problem-solver who is interested in learning about financial technology, blockchain, and digital tokens.
The Compliance Analyst's responsibilities will include maintaining and monitoring confidential customer account information; creating, updating and analyzing reports regarding customer account activity, FinCEN compliance and other compliance related aspects; preparing production for law enforcement requests; and performing KYC investigative research.
- Meeting timelines and goal objectives set by compliance department leadership
- Preparing, analyzing, and maintaining customer account activity reports for specified filters
- Preparing suspicious activity reports or document production for internal and external review in accordance with Company’s various policies and procedures
- Performing confidential proprietary database research of sensitive personal identification information (PII) as well as open source and adverse news searches regarding the Company’s individual and business customers
- Creating comprehensive customer profiles to be categorized for regular monitoring of customer activity, tracking for anomalies or irregularities to trigger additional research
- Completing required AML training and other relevant training/skills-education programs as deemed necessary by compliance department leadership
- Providing recommendations on additional methods or sources to enhance compliance processes
- Assisting with administrative tasks in the D.C. office as directed, related to various office policies and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality assurance to ensure the reporting of accurate data, while regularly monitoring said data to update shared information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment and meet set deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Understanding and adherence to the highest level of discreteness and confidentiality regarding all aspects of his or her work and knowledge of the company
- College degree is required, and we prefer those who have a degree in business, law, or another applicable discipline
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- foreign language skills at the near fluent level
- previous experience in a dynamic, high-paced environment
- previous financial industry experience or exposure to financial industry compliance processes and protocols
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.