Job Title: Director of Legal Affairs
Reports To: VP, Finance & Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
BitTitan is looking for an experienced Director of Legal Affairs to manage its legal team. The ideal candidate is business-minded with a high IQ and matching EQ. The Director of Legal Affairs will interface with our team leaders to drive business results, manage risk and ensure compliance across all areas of the company. Demonstrated experience in the following areas is preferred: advising executive leadership, negotiating complex contracts, managing capital raising and M&A transactions, advising on employment matters, and building and managing a comprehensive risk management plan.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide business teams with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in applicable domestic and international laws and regulations and assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts business in a compliant manner
- Manage due diligence in M&A and equity transactions, as well as drafting and reviewing related transactional documents
- Manage corporate governance, including updating governance docs, supporting implementation of controls, board meeting prep, drafting board resolutions, and supporting investor relations
- Structure, draft, negotiate and advise upon general commercial transactions ranging from standard sales and vendor contracts to one-off, complex, high-dollar-value transactions. Identify and explain commercial agreement terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk assessment or exposure and advise on same.
- Advise HR on a broad range of employment issues
- Manage compliance with all applicable data protection and consumer protection regulations and laws
- Advise and manage international expansion efforts
- Manage junior legal staff
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- JD, with strong academic credentials
- Bar admission in good standing
- 7+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal experience
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Able to coordinate effectively across disciplines and time zones, gain trust and confidence with colleagues at many different levels and are clear and concise in your communications
- Well-organized and hard-working, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- In-house experience at a high-growth SaaS or technology company preferred
- Work experience in a global organization preferred
- Entrepreneurial mind set with the ability to think strategically, influence the entire organization, and not be afraid to get in the trenches and execute
- This position requires operation of a PC and viewing information on a PC monitor;
- Must be able to sit for many hours each day;
- Must be able to communicate via telephone;
- Willing and able to travel as needed both domestically and internationally.
BitTitan, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.