BitTitan empowers IT professionals to properly assess, deploy, and manage technology solutions in a cloud-first world. We have successfully delivered IT software solutions to more than 6.5 million end users across 31,000 customers in 155 countries. We have offices in the Seattle area and in Singapore, plus remote employees in dozens of countries. We share a global commitment to providing our customers with agile tools that meet the needs of active managed services providers. Our mission is to build a platform where businesses discover, implement, and manage a vast collection of IT services through automation. We are empowering our customers to be more profitable in the cloud era.
Here’s why you should work for BitTitan
Bring your experience, your talent, and your creative energy and meet a diverse group of people who work together and build software that aims for the cloud. We have a unique culture that encourages hard work and a layer of fun that keeps us in balance. Join the team that makes a positive impact on the future of IT services automation…you’re going to love it.
BitTitan is looking to hire a Manager of DevOps to join our team in Bellevue!
Uptime, reliability, scalability and performance of our cloud infrastructure is critical for our customers’ success. This role will have a direct impact on ensuring that we exceed our customers’ expectations. In this role, you will have mission-critical responsibilities designing, supporting, and automating the infrastructure that powers our SaaS based product. This role will collaborate with our Development, IT Operations, QA, and Customer Success teams to develop, architect, and implement tools and processes that simplify deployments, enhance monitoring and alerting capabilities, and resolve problems and escalations in an efficient and timely manner.
We are looking for candidates with a strong and diverse technical background that take the initiative to work cross functionally to improve our product and infrastructure.
Candidates must have a deep understanding of SaaS based architectures, advanced automation toolsets, and Agile software development processes. They should have a passion for learning and experimenting with new technologies to determine best practices and standard operating procedures. In addition, candidates should have ability to design, implement and test system integration across different tools through research and experimentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the subject matter expert and our evangelist of the DevOps model;
- Bring technical expertise and industry best practices for supporting a customer facing SaaS solution;
- Take ownership of the overall health and performance of our platform and services across development, test, support and production environments;
- Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring/alerting of our large-scale Azure environments;
- Work closely with development teams to improve the operability and security of our systems by developing long term strategies;
- Drive operational readiness assessments for product releases by working cross functionally with software engineering teams and participating in sprints;
- Respond to production incidents and escalations, perform root cause analysis, identify underlying problem patterns, while driving to develop automated and self-healing solutions;
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on deployments, processes and standard operating procedures;
- Continually research and evaluate new technologies in order to propose new initiatives, technologies, processes or improvements to the cloud product and supporting infrastructure;
- Continually strive to improve performance, security, scalability, operational support while working to lower cloud operating costs;
- Ability to be a hands-on leader and make direct contributions to the team
- Mentor other senior and mid-level engineers by providing technical guidance and constructive feedback;
- Promote and exemplify company’s core values.
- Managing our on-call schedule via PagerDuty for system uptime/health issues.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of management experience
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- In depth expertise across the Microsoft stack including Windows, .NET, Azure and SQL Server
- Understanding and hands-on experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery systems
- Experience with Cloud Monitoring, Logging and Alerting tools
- Ability to identify and solve problems in an optimal and efficient way
- Automating infrastructure using Azure IAAS
- Experience coding in PowerShell and C#
- Experience with DevOps tools and technologies
- Precise written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated with little need for supervisorial intervention
Knowledge of the following specific tools and technologies is a plus:
- Experience with Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Visual Studio
- Octopus Deploy
- VSTS with Git
- Elasticsearch and ELK stack
- NUnit Test Framework
- JetBrains tools
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English
BitTitan, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.