BitTitan empowers IT professionals to properly assess, deploy, and manage technology solutions in a cloud-first world. We have successfully delivered IT software solutions to more than 6.5 million end users across 31,000 customers in 155 countries. We have offices in the Seattle area and in Singapore, plus remote employees in dozens of countries. We share a global commitment to providing our customers with agile tools that meet the needs of active managed services providers. Our mission is to build a platform where businesses discover, implement, and manage a vast collection of IT services through automation. We are empowering our customers to be more profitable in the cloud era.
Here’s why you should work for BitTitan
Bring your experience, your talent, and your creative energy and meet a diverse group of people who work together and build software that aims for the cloud. We have a unique culture that encourages hard work and a layer of fun that keeps us in balance. Join the team that makes a positive impact on the future of IT services automation…you’re going to love it.
The following information details the primary duties and responsibilities for BitTitan's QA Manager in the Product Organization of the Company. There may be additional aspects to the job which management can provide an even more comprehensive understanding of all job elements. The company reserves the right to modify and revise job descriptions as business needs dictate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements.
- Develop a comprehensive Testing Strategy that meets the needs of the business and its customer in an Agile development environment.
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, and UX Design to collect necessary information to ensure proper Test Plans and Cases are defined and created for new feature and product releases.
- Provide feedback on quality issues and drive to continually improve the overall quality of the product.
- Determine and communicate build readiness for release; providing critical go/no go vote on deployments
- Proactively manage test readiness, environments, test data quality and resource alignment to meet business objectives.
- Effectively communicate at senior manager / director / executive levels about the program / project level risks / issues / escalations.
- Ensure test documentation / reporting is complete, meaningful and aligns with business objectives.
- Conduct root cause analysis of post deployment defects and develops a mitigation plan.
- Recognize incomplete or missing areas of specifications and work with stake holders to address/remediate them.
- Review specifications for testability, highlighting and proposing design consideration that will make a feature easier to test via automation, while expanding coverage.
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover re-occurrences.
- Assess the status and risk of builds to make sure that releases go out on time with a high-quality level.
- Craft and support test dashboards/reports.
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance and reliability of continuous integration testing systems
- Make final decisions about test tools and test system architecture, to ensure the highest possible performance of testing systems, and to have the greatest possible clarity into product quality
- Coach and mentor the team through technical guidance and constructive feedback
- Construct technical project plans to enable the execution and delivery of a final project
- Lead and manage test engineers and test engineering leads company-wide in multiple locations
- Conduct regular coaching and feedback with team members and deliver performance evaluations as appropriate
- Support skill development and career growth for team members
- Identify skill development opportunities supporting career growth for team members
- Ensure the team has all necessary resources to achieve their goals
- Identify hiring needs for test engineers and test engineering leads company-wide
- Conduct interviews and hire test engineers and test engineering leads in accordance with company requirements
- Team Management
- Take responsibility for performance of team members by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, providing feedback, and addressing performance problems
- Enhance team's commitment to their work, foster team work
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with other teams within the engineering team
- Seek and provide feedback and facilitate discussions for making decisions and/or making changes or refinements
- Work Quality
- Produce accurate and thorough work, while maintaining high standards and identifying and correcting errors when needed
- Complete work in a timely and consistent manner and always deliver the best possible results
- Customer Service
- Commit to resolve customer problems, meeting or exceeding expectations and always follow up to evaluate customer satisfaction
- Plan and deliver projects without supervision
- Take on additional responsibilities to respond to situations when they arise
- Analyze problems skillfully to make sound decisions based on facts, by gathering information, weighing alternatives, and assessing and taking informed risks
- Identify situations that require changes to existing processes, products, or technology
- Challenge conventional practices, propose alternative solutions to existing problems and evaluate outcomes and results
- Job knowledge/technical knowledge
- Demonstrate and share knowledge of techniques, skills, and procedures to team members to assist in the proactive identification and solution of issues
- Attention to detail
- Follow detailed procedures and ensures documentation and data accuracy
- Staff development
- Coach, mentor, and developer their team
- Corporate Culture
- Actively support diversity and inclusion
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8+ years of experience in software QA testing
- 3+ years of experience managing a test engineering team
- Precise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience driving successful testing strategies in an Agile environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong technical skills across multiple client and server system areas
- Experience with managing software test engineering teams working in the Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience managing and maintaining continuous integration systems such as Team City or Jenkins
- Must be self-driven
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- ISTQB Advanced or Expert Level
- Certified Test Engineer (CSTE)
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
- Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST)
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent industry experience, preferred
- Read and communicate fluently in the English language
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
- Mobility: frequent use of keyboard; frequent sitting for long period of time; occasional bending or squatting.
- Lifting: Frequently up to 10 pounds; occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Vision: constant use of overall vision; frequent reading and close-up work; occasional color and depth vision.
- Dexterity: frequent repetitive motion; frequent writing; frequent grasping, holding, and reaching.
- Hearing/Talking: frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the phone.
- Emotional/Psychological: frequent decision-making and concentration; frequent public and/or co-worker contact/interruptions; occasional working alone.
- Environmental: frequent exposure to moderate level of noise.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or special needs consideration.
BitTitan, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.