BitTitan empowers IT professionals to properly assess, deploy, and manage technology solutions in a cloud-first world. We have successfully delivered IT software solutions to more than 6.5 million end users across 31,000 customers in 155 countries. We have offices in the Seattle area and in Singapore, plus remote employees in dozens of countries. We share a global commitment to providing our customers with agile tools that meet the needs of active managed services providers. Our mission is to build a platform where businesses discover, implement, and manage a vast collection of IT services through automation. We are empowering our customers to be more profitable in the cloud era.
Here’s why you should work for BitTitan
Bring your experience, your talent, and your creative energy and meet a diverse group of people who work together and build software that aims for the cloud. We have a unique culture that encourages hard work and a layer of fun that keeps us in balance. Join the team that makes a positive impact on the future of IT services automation…you’re going to love it.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- Organize and write required technical and business material using word processing software per establish corporate standards with respect to order, style, terminology and sequencing.
- Consults with technical team leads and subject-matter experts to ensure common understanding of publications and related materials to be produced.
- Reword information for clarity, conciseness, and (if necessary) specific tasks.
- Reasonable editorial support availability for all BitTitan teams and individuals for external publications.
- Running helpful editorial passes on content created by Marketing, to ensure grammatical and punctuation accuracy prior to publication in any medium required
- Facilitating the BitTitan Style Guide committee (one meeting per month, to ensure that each BitTitan team has the same information related to how we communicate BitTitan content with consistency and accuracy)
- Maintenance of the BitTitan Style Guide and the BitTitan Internal Glossary of Useful Terms
- Remain current on new developments in technical writing, editing and publishing, including technological enhancements
- Develop specific SLAs that clearly define the scope, volume, content, and frequency requirements for any editorial project
- Reduce time required to author Knowledge Base articles
- Improve readability to existing content
- Establish a cohesive voice for our Knowledge Base that is engaging and instructive to our users
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5+ years of Editorial or Technical Writing experience in writing, designing, or developing publishable materials about technical topics
- Reword information for clarity, conciseness, and (if necessary) specific tasks
- Excellent written/verbal communication, copy editing, and content collaboration skills
- Strong language skills:
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- The ability to create effective content, either separately or in collaboration with others
- The ability to accurately edit content, either separately or in collaboration with others
- A deep understanding of the use of voice, tone, Global English, target audience, and messaging to communicate corporate content
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent research skills and ability to find answers independently
- Ability to raise issues, while also bringing possible solutions for issue resolution
- Experience with working successfully with everyone in an organization, from individual contributors to management and senior executives
- The discipline and determination to create and/or enforce the company's language style guidance to keep our language consistent
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (Zendesk and SalesForce)
- Experience with Markup Language (HTML,XML)
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communication, or related field preferred, or a combination of collegiate English or Communication study plus equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently and effectively in English
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or special needs consideration.
- Mobility: frequent use of keyboard; frequent sitting for long period of time; occasional bending or squatting.
- Lifting: Frequently up to 10 pounds; occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Vision: constant use of overall vision; frequent reading and close-up work; occasional color and depth vision.
- Dexterity: frequent repetitive motion; frequent writing; frequent grasping, holding, and reaching.
- Hearing/Talking: frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the phone.
- Emotional/Psychological: frequent decision-making and concentration; frequent public and/or co-worker contact/interruptions; occasional working alone.
- Environmental: frequent exposure to moderate level of noise.
BitTitan, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.