About BitTitan and this opportunity
BitTitan empowers IT professionals to properly assess, deploy, and manage technology solutions in a cloud-first world. We have successfully delivered IT migration and automation software solutions to more than 6.5 million end users across 31,000 customers in 155 countries.
Why join the team at BitTitan?
Bring your experience, your talent, and your creative energy to meet a diverse group of people and work in a high-performance team. We have a unique culture that encourages hard work with a layer of fun that keeps us in balance. Learn more about life at BitTitan here: https://www.bittitan.com/our-story/culture/
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance, and implementation of SQL Databases Always On availability in Azure and On-premise environments (Bellevue/Singapore)
- Responsible for Administration and configuration of all Production and Corporate Databases
- Responsible for the uptime performance of BitTitan Databases
- Manage, Helpdesk Tier III tickets e.g., Jira, and Zendesk, escalated Tickets
- Automate routine tasks in Cloud tools as well streamline current processes
- Assist other teams, as required to provide streamlined knowledge and best practices
- Initial plan, design, and deployment of newly designed SQL environments
- Design, manage and deploy validated SQL scripts
- Provide best practices for SQL performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT operations or related field
- MCSA/MCSE in relevant infrastructure technologies (Server 2016- 2019, SQL server 2012R2, 2014, 2016, Azure SQL)
- Demonstrated operational and technical skills; hands-on ability to manage complex server environments and associated infrastructure - technologies span server, web, database, load balancers
- Demonstrate sound troubleshooting methodology and problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate appropriate time management and project planning skills
- Strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Azure storage management to include Disaster Recovery Services, Azure Vaults, Backup strategies.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies and Hybrid Cloud services (Hyper-V and Azure preferred)
- Ability to work in a 24x7 On-Call environment
- PowerShell functional scripting – not just single command lines
- Experience with SSIS packages and performance tuning
- Identify ways to solve business problems using technology
- Business process engineering/re-engineering utilizing lean methodologies
- Demonstrated experience performing cost analysis
- Developing training materials, program content and business presentations
- History of just-in-time availability
- Access control management
- Managed large-scale monitoring systems and understand common methodologies behind them
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- SQL Server Admin
- Azure Cloud Services Engineer
- Windows Server Engineer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or special needs consideration.
- Mobility: frequent use of keyboard; frequent sitting for long period of time; occasional bending or squatting.
- Lifting: Frequently up to 10 pounds; occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Vision: constant use of overall vision; frequent reading and close-up work; occasional color and depth vision.
- Dexterity: frequent repetitive motion; frequent writing; frequent grasping, holding, and reaching.
- Hearing/Talking: frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the phone.
- Emotional/Psychological: frequent decision-making and concentration; frequent public and/or co-worker contact/interruptions; occasional working alone.
- Environmental: frequent exposure to moderate level of noise.