BitTitan empowers IT professionals to properly assess, deploy, and manage technology solutions in a cloud-first world. We have successfully delivered IT software solutions to more than 6.5 million end users across 31,000 customers in 155 countries. We have offices in the Seattle area and in Singapore, plus remote employees in dozens of countries. We share a global commitment to providing our customers with agile tools that meet the needs of active managed services providers. Our mission is to build a platform where businesses discover, implement, and manage a vast collection of IT services through automation. We are empowering our customers to be more profitable in the cloud era.
Here’s why you should work for BitTitan
Bring your experience, your talent, and your creative energy and meet a diverse group of people who work together and build software that aims for the cloud. We have a unique culture that encourages hard work and a layer of fun that keeps us in balance. Join the team that makes a positive impact on the future of IT services automation…you’re going to love it.
BitTitan is hiring a Director of Engineering to join the Development team in Singapore!
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Primary responsibility is to lead the development and maintenance of a high performing software engineering organization for our key flagship product encompassing operational excellence (efficiency, productivity, and quality)
- As a key member of the leadership team for a global company, your secondary responsibility as Site Manager is to provide leadership, direction, and operational management of our Singapore office to ensure the development and execution of a world class organization that supports the short- and long-term financial goals of the company
- Provide oversight and direction on the design of a product or a product area, by leading design review meetings and ensuring that new features fit into the existing architecture and collaborate with the product management team to define product direction and ensure on time delivery
- Lead the development of an operating plan that accounts for improved productivity, asset flexibility, customer dynamics, and higher utilization rates to ensure that this business achieves business goals
- Be responsible for planning, execution, and delivery of technical projects, such as engineering excellence and technology stack improvements, at the scope of product area or complete product
- Evaluate the results of the business and communicate with key stakeholders on current and anticipated performance to facilitate effective planning and decision-making
- Develop a highly motivated Singapore office, empowered workforce through a combination of individual development, external hiring, and recognition and reward systems that result in a highly qualified, engaged, and motivated team across all levels of the business
- Successfully provides strong, collaborative and decisive leadership through direct, open and honest communication at all levels of the organization
- Develop a customer-service oriented culture including the ability to leverage global technical capabilities and to building strong relationships with customers and other internal/external organizations
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities
- Successfully lead and manage a team of engineering managers, software engineers, support staff, and operations team members in the Singapore office.
- Understand and successfully translates mission, vision, values into actionable goals and objectives continually for the engineering team in Singapore
- Provide adequate structure, direction and feedback. Create environment where staff feel valued, respected and empowered. Show appreciation for and rewards individual and group excellence. Demonstrate high standards of ethics and fairness.
- Take appropriate risks and encourage staff to do the same. Work through conflict and insures productive resolution. Maintain confidentiality of private and sensitive information. Provide regular coaching, feedback, and performance evaluations. Support skill development and career growth for team members
- Get things done in an effective and efficient manner with available resources. Plan and prioritizes work, sets and accomplish goals, and completes quality work on schedule
- Maintain a sense of urgency in accomplishing work. Strives to improve company and individual performance. Ensure the team has all necessary resources to achieve their goals. Define sound staffing needs and hire engineers and engineering leads
- Take personal responsibility and lead by example. Demonstrate initiative and is committed to and enthusiastic about achieving company success
- Makes timely and sound decisions based on a combination of analysis, experience and judgment. Consult others, as appropriate. Understand and take into consideration how decisions impact others.
- Develop and maintain adequate customer satisfaction levels with internal and external audiences. Demonstrate a bias toward service, quality and teamwork. Build constructive and effective working relationships. Commit to the success of all stakeholders
- Cultivate a culture of openness and information sharing. Demonstrate integrity and honesty in all communication. Provide constructive feedback, and actively support diversity and inclusion
- 15+ years of experience in software engineering
- 10+ years of proven and successful experience managing and leading a software development team
- Strong knowledge or background of application design principles and design patterns
- Strong knowledge or background of Cloud Software Architecture
- Ability to work with and guide teams in identifying and solving problems in an optimal and efficient way
- Experience leading and implementing software management practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Successfully worked and managed large engineering in an Agile/SCRUM development environment
- Proven track record of hiring, developing and retaining top software engineering talent
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing large scalable systems
- Familiarity with network protocols, DNS, email systems, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft stack including .NET, Azure, and SQL Server
- Knowledge of advanced algorithms and techniques (e.g., code profiling)
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science or similar IT degree
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English
BitTitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer