BitTitan empowers IT professionals to properly assess, deploy, and manage technology solutions in a cloud-first world. We have successfully delivered IT software solutions to more than 6.5 million end users across 31,000 customers in 155 countries. We have offices in the Seattle area and in Singapore, plus remote employees in dozens of countries. We share a global commitment to providing our customers with agile tools that meet the needs of active managed services providers. Our mission is to build a platform where businesses discover, implement, and manage a vast collection of IT services through automation. We are empowering our customers to be more profitable in the cloud era.
Here’s why you should work for BitTitan
At BitTitan we are taking our industry-leading migration solution to the next level in terms of performance and scalability while implementing new features requested by our large customer base. As an engineer within the MigrationWiz team, you will work as part of a collaborative team with a focus on constant learning and improvement. Our team strives to be cross-functional, and there are opportunities to extend your impact into new areas from time to time rather than being required to stick only to a specific skillset. We appreciate engineers who have great ideas to share and the desire to help us on the path to making those ideas a reality.
Bring your experience, your talent, and your creative energy and meet a diverse group of people who work together and build software that aims for the cloud. We have a unique culture that encourages hard work and a layer of fun that keeps us in balance.
Our stack consists primarily of technologies such as .NET, Ember.js, SQL Server, CosmosDB, Redis, Docker and Azure.
BitTitan is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our MigrationWiz team in Bellevue!
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- Design and implement high-quality and highly scalable code to enable processing of large volumes of data
- Troubleshoot issues escalated from the support team and provide a resolution within a timely manner
- Review code changes requests to identify potential improvements and to prevent errors, before approving and releasing the code
- Maintain a high standard of quality by authoring tests to validate your code
- Drive the design of major features within the engineering team, by leading design review meetings and ensuring that new features fit into the existing architecture
- Work with the product management team to synchronize and ensure delivery, by helping organizing tasks within the team and coordinating work with other teams
- Communicate, document and provide training to other engineers around the features delivered
- Provide technical expertise to the team to propose and enable new initiatives such as new technologies, processes or improvements to the product
- Mentor other engineers by providing technical guidance and constructive feedback
As a member of a fast-growing startup you’ll be expected to:
- Own the product features from design to deployment, including monitoring and maintenance
- Solve problems proactively and push new ideas and features forward
- Collaborate with teams across departments on product features
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Proficiency in at least one strongly typed, object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java, C++
- Proven ability to design and ship high-quality, scalable SaaS solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in an optimal and efficient way
- Precise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with 1+ cloud platform (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Knowledge of SQL database / query optimization
- Site reliability or DevOps experience
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English