The Senior Product Marketing Manager (PMM) at BitSight is responsible for bringing the Security Performance Management (SPM) solution to life, one story at a time. As a strategic player and leader for this line of business, the PMM helps to define product direction, develop core positioning & messaging, develop strategies for go-to-market activities including sales enablement and competitive positioning, launch products, define target buyer personas, develop and manage marketing plans, guide content development and campaigns, and assure core messaging and positioning is adhered to across the organization.
PMMs must thoroughly familiarize themselves with the company’s solutions, and work closely with product management, design, and development teams to understand the intent, value, and usage of the product. As a subject matter expert on the SPM solution, the PMM may be called upon to present to internal or external stakeholders (including industry analysts or customers/prospects), participate in both online and in-person marketing events, and develop content for campaigns or other marketing programs. As an expert in the buying behaviors of potential customers, the PMM will conduct market research as needed to inform go-to-market strategies and to ensure BitSight sales teams are properly equipped with value-oriented sales messaging, pitch decks, and collateral. The PMM also studies market data as it becomes available and adjusts existing plans and/or designs new approaches. The PMM must be very comfortable working in a cross-functional organization including sales, product management, customer success, finance, and all functions within marketing.
- Work with product management to jointly define the vision and direction we take with new product features and capabilities.
- Develop go-to-market strategies including the creation of customer-facing content and sales tools.
- Develop value-based product positioning and messaging that crisply differentiates our products in the market.
- Communicate the value proposition of BitSight products to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct market research and analysis to determine market sizing, new use cases and target markets.
- Support the overall marketing team’s lead generation campaigns and marketing messages.
- Drive product launches from conception to post-launch support.
- Lead cross-functional teams to successful outcomes.
- Deliver product demonstrations as needed. Coach/help the Consulting Engineering team on how to position demos.
- Measure and manage the impact of marketing activities on the customer lifecycle.
- Conduct inquiries/briefings with the analyst community.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of Product Marketing experience; strong preference for SaaS and cybersecurity.
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record working with highly technical and B2B-focused products and solutions.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams, customers, and strategic partners to drive results.
- Data-driven marketing approach, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits.
- Proven experience influencing product vision and roadmap.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent business communication writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong customer focus and business orientation, with the ability to engage senior executives through professional communications.