About the Role
BitSight is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative Senior Product Designer to join our growing User Experience Team. Designers at BitSight play a vital role in the product development process, from creating the vision and strategy for product features to crafting the fit and finish of interface details. A successful designer here leverages strong internal relationships to drive conversation and collaboration, utilizes multiple sources of data to inform all stages of design, and inspires the organization by envisioning creative solutions to complex problems. The ideal designer for this role has experience with enterprise (B2B) web applications, big data analytics, and modern design systems.
- Lead design projects across the product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Set the vision for the user experience and manage collaboration with stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Understand business requirements and effectively explain how design solutions align with strategy.
- Represent the UX team, facilitate design discussions and workshops, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Create diagrams and workflows to ideate, capture, and communicate high-level design concepts and user journeys.
- Create low and high fidelity sketches, wireframes, content, and visual designs. Build interactive prototypes to communicate and test concepts and ideas.
- Visualize data using charts, graphs and data tables that use human perceptual and cognitive abilities to their best advantage.
- Utilize UX research techniques to test and validate designs, from initial concept through implementation.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation.
- Work with the organization to inform and improve design processes.
- Grow the BitSight design system, and ensure all features align with it.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of designs through reviews, walkthroughs, usability tests, and other techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies and research to solve complex business problems.
- 8+ years of experience designing engaging products and user experiences, or a relevant master’s degree and 5+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, Axure, or other tools for documenting and testing designs.
- Hands-on experience with planning, executing, analyzing and reporting on UX research methods including interviews, usability testing, and surveys.
- Ability to work in a collaborative design environment; to be critiqued and to critique.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced software development context.
- Superior listening, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Persuasive skills to present and defend design decisions, with the humility to change in response to user feedback or a better solution.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, SVG, React, or similar front-end web technologies.
- Experience using 2D/3D libraries/toolkits for data visualization.
- Familiarity with best practices for API design.