We’re looking for an experienced design leader to join our team. The person we hire will be passionate about B2B product design (believe that enterprise software doesn’t have to be boring), practiced in coaching and mentoring team members, adaptable in changing environments, and own the design strategy for BitSight’s suite of products.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to establish objectives, high-level strategy, and key results for design.
- Take responsibility for balancing speed, quality, and consistency of design while taking into account long-term scaling related considerations.
- Provide feedback on designs, identifying overlaps between an individual designer’s work and other projects.
- Provide mentorship, goal-setting, and accountability to designers.
- Deliver clarity, gives direct and actionable feedback. Confronts difficult situations head-on, increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty.
- Be the point person for developing BitSight’s Product Design strategy, educate designers on the same, and influence its execution.
- Foster a sense of team and mission for the UX team.
- Responsible for thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems and providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact.
- Develop ways to measure the design process and impact of design and identify areas of improvement.
- Educate stakeholders on the enterprise value of user experience.
- Experience mentoring and leading a team of product designers.
- Experience creating great user experiences in a lean way; combining research, information architecture, copy, interactions, visual design, and constant user feedback along the way.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and ask tough questions to help surface and challenge assumptions.
- Experience synthesizing feedback and data into actionable insights.
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with product managers and engineers.
- Practice an inclusive, facilitative leadership style.
- Strong coaching skills.
- A curiosity to learn and take on new challenges in a changing environment.
- Experience in designing SaaS products. Security experience is a plus.